£8.75 per hour
Full-time for 16 weeks
Start date: 7 January 2019
Closing date: 12 December 2018, noon
Interview date: 19 December 2018
About the Organisation
WEEE Scotland was established in Glasgow in 2013, on the principles of protecting the environment, and helping to build and maintain Scotland's circular economy.
WEEE stands for Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment which is a European directive to ensure electrical appliances are recycled and reused where possible, diverting from landfill and promoting the zero-landfill statement to be adopted by both businesses and consumers. Through these aims, WEEE Scotland supports their clients in cutting their carbon footprint which contributes towards their green credentials and helping them strive towards a true Circular Economy.
WEEE Scotland also recognise the importance of compliance with all types of legislation, identifying value added benefits while ensuring data security. At present, WEEE Scotland hold valid ISO 9001 quality and ISO 14001 environmental system accreditation's as well as industry specific licences.
Committed to partnering with potential clients to provide sustainable technical solutions to help increase productivity, WEEE Scotland aims to reduce costs and minimise risks to business while ensuring all parties take responsibility for the environmental impact organisations have.
More information can be found by visiting http://www.weeescotland.co.uk/home.html
Working from WEEE Scotland’s offices less than 2 miles from Glasgow City Centre, your main tasks will include:
• Attending networking events held through industry bodies and acting as an Ambassador for the company
• Launching and maintaining the company social media including Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn
• Assisting personnel within the business to create personal LinkedIn pages which are relevant to what the business offers and what will engage readers
• Assisting with the preparation of tender return documents when required
• Managing content to appear on the company’s website
• Researching and preparing for marketing campaigns which will be presented to the directors for approval and launching any such campaigns
• Performing administrative tasks necessary to the smooth delivery of the project
• Supporting promotional activity through the production of creative content
WEEE Scotland are ideally looking for an individual who thrives on challenges and enjoys meeting people to discuss the company’s business. A level of Marketing knowledge is essential and an understanding of the WEEE regulations is preferred but not essential.
Teamwork is also essential as this is promoted between WEEE Scotland and their clients to help make the end result a benefit to all and allows everyone involved to take responsibility for not only the social and economic impact but also all the environmental benefits created.
The following skills are desirable:
• Confidence and familiarity with basic office software
• Experience in basic image editing using Canva and Piktochart
• An eye for detail – both technically and aesthetically
• Confident and comfortable working independently or as part of a team
• Confident in the use of, and content creation for, a range of key social media platforms and management tools including Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn
• Strong copywriting skills and an excellent command of both written and spoken English
• Able to multitask and work to multiple deadlines
• Strong administration and organisational skills with high attention to detail
You may apply whatever your education background as long as you can prove you have the skills to meet the requirements.
Closing date for applications is 12 December 2018, 12 noon.
Interviews will be held on 19 December 2018.
Please submit a CV and covering letter through the Adopt An Intern online application form on our website. All applications must be submitted by 12 noon on the closing date. State A) your availability and B) relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job specifications. We do NOT accept email applications unless otherwise stated.
Successful candidates must, by the start of the employment, have permission to work in the UK.