£22,000 - £24,000 (dependent on experience)
Part-Time, 3 days per week
Closing date: 16 July 2019, 12 noon
About the Company
"Good Call CIC is a start-up social enterprise with one mission. To provide charities and social enterprises with the lowest cost mobile phones and contracts. You will be part of a small team growing this new organisation, supporting the goal of winning new customers and retaining them.
Good Call has enjoyed tremendous growth recently, complemented by winning the Social Enterprise EDGE award at Scottish EDGE Round 14 in June 2019."
Learn more about the vision and values behind Good Call here.
Maintaining high standards to achieve brand consistency, you’ll work on building solid marketing foundations for the business and implement elements of marketing across the marketing mix that inform and encourage customers to buy from Good Call. With an analytic approach, you will be curious about customers and their behaviours.
You will be hands-on setting up the company's CRM system, developing their website and managing the Content Management Systems (CMS). Content marketing plan development and execution including blog, email marketing, and social media platform management will be a key part of the role. Training will be provided with external providers. You will work with external support partners for tasks such as liaising with the media.
• Help set up marketing foundations and brand development for Good Call
• Manage the content updates for the website
• Develop and implement the content marketing strategy
• Create content for various online platforms such as website copy, case studies and blogs
• Oversee digital and offline marketing campaigns
• Email campaign planning, set-up, implementation and optimisation
• Social media campaign, set-up, implementation and optimisation, and engagement
• CRM set-up, implementation and co-manage
• Creating and developing customer personas
• Report on the impact of campaigns and make suggestions for improvement
• Manage Google My Business
Ideally, Good Call would like a graduate with a Communications, Marketing or Digital Media degree or experience. They are looking for a creative and passionate marketer ideally with 1+ plus year of experience to join their team.
• Ability to create high-quality content for a range of key social media platforms and management tools including Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn
• Strong copywriting skills and an excellent command of both written and spoken English
• Knowledge and experience in email service providers (such as MailChimp/Convertkit/Salesforce)
• Experience using image editing tools (such as Canva or Adobe packages e.g. Photoshop, Illustrator)
• Able to adapt communications to suit different audiences
• An eye for detail – both technically and aesthetically
• Comfortable working independently or as part of a team
• Organised and able to multitask and work to multiple deadlines
• Comfortable using basic office software
• Degree qualified
• 1+ years of marketing experience
• Experience using Google Analytics skills for reporting
• Experience using content management systems (such as WordPress)
• Any prior CRM experience would be beneficial
If you have any questions about this role or the organisation please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not under any circumstances contact the employer directly as doing so may negatively impact your employment opportunity.
Closing date for applications is 18 July 2019, 12 noon.
Please submit a CV and tailored Cover Letter through the Adopt An Intern online application form by clicking “Apply” on our website. Examples of what we like to see in a cover letter can be found HERE. All applications must be submitted by 12 noon on the closing date. In your Cover Letter, please state: A) your availability and B) relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job specifications.
We do NOT accept email applications unless otherwise stated.
Successful candidates must, by the start of the employment, have permission to work in the UK.