£21,000 per annum
Full time for 12 months
Closing date: 16 June 2017, noon
About the Organisation
Scottish Canals is an exciting, dynamic business, with a wide remit across many sectors. This provides interesting and challenging opportunities to be part of a progressive business, where we work to preserve the canals while transforming them through sustainable management, investment and regeneration!
We are looking for an enthusiastic marketing executive to join our team supporting Scottish Canal’s vision and positively promoting the inland waterway network as one of the nation’s most important and valued national assets, through a range of marketing and communication methods to a wide range of stakeholders.
The role is based in Glasgow, and is offered on a 12 month fixed term contract, attracting a salary of up to £21,000 per annum.
Day to day tasks of the role will encompass:
• Implementing proactive Marketing strategies, and support Scottish Canals’ national marketing and PR agency with local activity as and when required.
• Design marketing material inhouse for use across digital and print where possible
• Assist in the maintenance of the Scottish Canals’ website; creation of web pages and links, content creation (text and images), linking with partner websites
• Produce press releases/briefings/information and digital communications for internal and external audiences and produce content for staff newsletters
• Provide design and branding advice to colleagues on ad-hoc basis and support managers with occasional press trips and VIP visits.
• Effectively manage the creation, production, distribution and stock control of marketing and promotional material and literature, both digital and printed
• Delivery of social media across Scottish Canals’ digital channels, including creating and editing video content
• Assist in event co-ordination and liaise with photographers/videographers etc…for promotional and/or paid-for activity
The ideal candidate will have a Marketing & Communications related degree or relevant post graduate diploma.
You will be able to demonstrate effective written and verbal communication skills. You will be computer literate and proficient in the use of business applications software e.g. MS Office. Experience of writing basic copy and creating marketing literature would be desirable.
Knowledge of WordPress and Umbraco content management systems is advantageous, and you should have a valid driving licence.
Closing date for applications is 16 June 2017, 12 noon.
Please submit a CV and brief covering letter through the Adopt an Intern online application form on our website. All applications must be submitted by noon on the closing date. State 1. your availability and 2. relevant information on your skills/experience relating to the role specification. We do NOT accept e-mail applications unless otherwise stated.
Please confirm your eligibility to work in the UK.
Qualifications and knowledge required
Scottish Canals are an equal opportunities employer and want to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. It is our policy to recruit the best person for each vacancy regardless of gender, marital status, ethnic or national origin, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief and age and we will ensure that there are equal opportunities in all stages of the recruitment process. Scottish Canals are also a Disability Confident Committed employer, meaning that we encourage applications from disabled people and that if a disabled applicant meets the minimum criteria for the job they will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.