£10 per hour
Part-time (20 hours per week) for 12 weeks (opportunity to move to permanent contract)
Closing date: 5 September 2018, noon
About the Company
EGG began as a Facebook group for women to share stories, advice and opinion in an online community. The group has since grown into a credible paid membership group for women in Edinburgh, offering personal and professional support and information, exclusive events and services, establishing a supportive network, bound by the values established in the original Facebook group.
For more information about EGG and what makes them special, visit https://eggedinburgh.com
Entrepreneur and EGG founder, Kylie Reid is searching for a ‘good EGG’ to join her as a Marketing & Graphic Design Intern as she focuses on the business development of the group.
The trajectory of the organisation means that there is an immediate need for a creative intern who can take responsibility for the online elements of EGG, including content creation, website design, and email marketing.
In this role, your main responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Managing all social media channels according to agreed schedules, including (but not limited to) Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
• Designing and building online resources.
• Creating and distributing attractive, engaging newsletters and promotional material.
• Managing and maintaining EGG mailing list.
• Taking responsibility for the magazine section of website, including sourcing relevant material, editing and publishing.
• Maintenance of website content including member events and offers.
• Monitoring the EGG inbox, responding to queries, dealing with the required admin in a timely manner.
• Misc. admin duties including physical mailing of membership cards and creating Excel spreadsheets.
• Attending business events and acting as an Ambassador for EGG.
A background in graphic design, marketing strategy, and an interest in business development is essential to manage the diverse responsibilities needed to grow the EGG brand effectively. A knowledge of Mailchimp, WordPress, MS Office and graphic design software is also essential to this role. You will be knowledgeable in digital marketing and have experience of creating marketing material. An interest in Events Management is desirable but not essential. The successful candidate will also be confident using a range of social media platforms for brand communication including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
You must be able to work as part of a small team in a flexible environment and be confident contributing your ideas and solutions. You will also have excellent soft skills and enjoy dealing with people. Imperative to this position is a firm belief in the EGGs values of support and camaraderie. Some flexibility around working hours would be advantageous, as occasional evening attendance at events will be expected.
Closing date for applications is 5th September 2018, 12 noon.
Please submit a CV and covering letter through the Adopt An Intern online application form on our website. All applications must be submitted by 12 noon on the closing date. State A) your availability and B) relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job specifications. We do NOT accept email applications unless otherwise stated.
Successful candidates must, by the start of the employment, have permission to work in the UK.