Dundas Castle is a spectacular luxury venue for any event, from weddings, corporate events or family celebrations.
Location: South Queensferry
£17,000 pro-rata. Part-time, 3 days per week for 11 months (maternity cover)
Dundas Castle is one of Scotland’s most beautiful and historic castles and it is one of the top 5 Star Exclusive Use venues in Britain. Unlike a hotel, the Castle is booked in its entirety for a wide variety of events – weddings, conferences, business meetings, incentive travel group visits, golfing holidays, private dinner parties, launch parties and receptions.
Dundas Castle are looking for a Marketing intern to cover a period of maternity leave. As a Marketing Intern at Dundas Castle you will work closely with the team and General Manager on:
• Analysing Event Stats and Reports monthly and reporting to General Manager
• Ensuring the website is optimised and all information is current, including the on-going analysis of competitor activity in this area, new link opportunities, measuring conversions from enquiry through to confirmation
• Creating and analyse the Dundas e-newsletter.
• Keeping the SWOT (strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, threats) analysis of Dundas and their competitor set current by carrying out competitor research and updating relevant team members when complete
• Managing the online image library to ensure that it is current and user friendly
• Creating laptop/iPad presentations to be used for sales calls and tradeshows
• Carrying out market research and reporting on trends within the industry, which could effect short and long term strategies
• Sending information and images for inclusion in enewsletters and Social Media
• Creating documents with details of packages that can be sent to clients in uniform with other Dundas branding
• Updating the company website
• Initiating Social Media messages on a daily basis
• Dealing with advertising calls.
• Communicating clear PR messages to the Media and to all Media agencies linked with the Industry
• Adding to and working with S&M Budget (including purchase orders)
• Liaising with photographers for current photos
• Monitoring Marketing Manager emails and dealing with or forwarding on to relevant team member
The ideal intern will have a background in marketing with an interest in events or luxury hospitality. You will have exceptional communication skills, both written and oral, alongside good common sense. You will be confident using your own initiative as well as being able to work strongly in a team environment.
Excellent time management and strong prioritisation skills will be required for this position. IT competent, you will be able to use social media and the Internet to promote a product or service. You should have strong organisational skills, be hard working and outgoing with strong attention to detail.
You will be required to have access to your own transportation to get to the Dundas Estate, which is a 20 minute drive from Edinburgh centre.
Closing date for applications is 26 February 2015, 5pm
Please submit a CV and covering letter through the Adopt an Intern online application form on our website
All applications must be submitted by 5pm on the closing date. State a. your availability and b. relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job spec. We do NOT accept e-mail applications unless otherwise stated.