Location: Giffnock, Glasgow and home based
Part time for 12 weeks (averaging 20 hours per week)
Closing Date: 5 July 2016 at 5pm
The Bijou Wine Co may be small but we’re also nimble and ready to take on the big boys of the wine industry.
Do you want to come play? Are you amazing at what you do? Do you have a love of food and wine? Does sales course through your veins? Are you really good at that social media stuff?
Then there is a role awaiting you at The Bijou Wine Co.
About The Company
“I’ve grown tired of over priced, over hyped wines that offend your wallet and lesser quality, mass produced wines that ignore your palate” - Gillian Snowden, Director
The Bijou Wine Co was borne of a desire to exist somewhere in the middle with stunning value for money wines made by boutique producers who are passionate about what they do.
We aim to revolutionise the casual, slightly interested wine drinkers perception of wine one glass at a time. Whether enjoying a good glass of wine at a festival, as part of a food and wine experience or at a tasting.
There are four main aspects to our business:
1. Where it all began - The Horsebox (and vintage wooden bars) - our mobile bars travel the length and breadth of the country to serve great wines at festivals and events and to provide full bar service at private and corporate functions
2. Events management - we are part of a team that sets up and runs its own events as well as operating a co-operative to provide full street food and bar services to events
3. The Bijou Wine Club - the core to making wine interesting and fun - wine delivered to our Wine Club members every month based around a “Tenuous Link”. Wine Club membership also includes special offers and discounts
4. Our online shop - you can buy our wines, gifts and glassware direct from our online shop
You can find out more about us at www.bijouwine.co.uk
We are looking for a truly awesome Marketing graduate to build and implement our strategy for growing our Wine Club proposition and membership base and our online sales. We have clear growth targets and it would be your responsibility to get us there - or at least well down the road. You’ll need to be someone who is excited at the proposition, can bring great ideas to the table and can work hard to make these into a sales plan that delivers.
Specifically you will be responsible for:
1. defining our space in the world of retailing wine - undertake competitor analysis, identify our unique selling points, identify ‘hero’ companies we want to emulate
2. undertake customer segmentation - who are they, what are their profiles, how do we attract them
3. develop a customer centric, multi channel marketing and sales strategy that is as awesome as you
4. develop a sales plan and implement it so you start to deliver the sales for us
5. work at events with us
6. and anything else we can think of
1. you have to be awesome - engaged in our business, excited at the prospect of driving this strategy for us and full of great ideas that can translate to sales. Needless to say your drive and enthusiasm mean you can take the lead from us and direct yourself to deliver
2. you have a passion for food and wine - after all we’re all about putting our heart and soul into this Bijou business
3. you are all about the sales - whether through your part time job or your future career you are driven by the desire to make the sale
4. you have a degree in Marketing / Sales and can come up with really cool, out the box local marketing campaigns
5. you get the whole social media thing and how to make our e-commerce shop come to life
6. you will work partly at our office (home) and partly at yours so must have access to a laptop, internet and a phone
We like to reward great work at Bijou - so you deliver the sales and we’ll pay you commission (more details to be provided at interview)
The closing date for your application is Tuesday 5 July 2016 at 5pm.
Please submit a CV and brief covering letter through the Adopt an Intern online application form on our website. State your availability and relevant information on your skills / experience pertaining to the job spec - as well as a pitch as to why you are the right person for this role. Please note that we do not accept e-mail applications unless otherwise stated.
Please confirm your eligibility to work in the UK.APPLY