Established in 1991, Press Data has grown to become one of the UK’s foremost providers of media intelligence. They are a dynamic and ambitious company providing a top-quality product and excellent customer service.
£7.85 per hour
20 hours per week for 12 weeks
Using the latest digital technology and specialist software, Press Data has developed a unique range of products that position the company as a major force in the UK market. They are looking for ambitious, dedicated individuals to join the team to enable the company to meet the challenge of an ever-changing industry.
An independently owned company, Press Data currently employs around 40 people. Their clients are amongst the top names in the UK – in government, business and the public sector. Many of the UK’s major decision-makers read a Press Data product every day.
The Media Content Intern will primarily contribute to Press Data’s social media activities and media evaluation services. In the main, the internship will focus on planned expansion of social media provision across multiple channels, and the evaluation of media content on various subjects. The intern is therefore part of two teams; the social media unit and the media evaluation resource.
Within this role your main duties and responsibilities will be:
- Selecting relevant content for daily twitter feed
- Coding items for tone and uploading material to deadline
- Accurate selection of items according to individual client requirements
- Processing selected articles to agreed standards
- Writing clear, concise analytical content for inclusion in evaluation reports
- Assisting in the preparation and delivery of accurate, high quality summary reports to clients
- Maintaining and updating knowledge of client requirements, the media environment and working procedures
- Keeping work environment clean, tidy and safe
- Any other reasonable tasks as assigned by management
Hours of work are variable between 0600 and 2000. Normally 5 consecutive days per week including one weekend shift.
The ideal graduate will have a background in a media/PR/communications qualification, but may also suit a graduate with a background in English/Politics/History.
Press Data are looking for a bright and enthusiastic graduate who can bring an all-round understanding of UK, Scottish & Welsh affairs to the post: business, finance, government, law, economic development, tourism etc.
The ability to produce neat and accurate work to a series of tight deadlines is essential, as is the aptitude to interpret a large and diverse amount of information. A significant part of the successful applicants’ duties will involve working quickly and accurately with bespoke software packages. Keyboard skills and a good knowledge of IT processes will be essential.
You will also have the following skills:
- Excellent knowledge of UK, Scottish & Welsh current affairs
- Good working knowledge of databases, e.g. Microsoft Access/Excel
- Comfortable working with various social media platforms, e.g. Tweetdeck, Hootsuite
- Ability to interpret and evaluate news items accurately and at speed
- Fast, accurate typing and good all-round IT skills
- Writing/journalistic interest or ability
- Good concentration levels within busy working environment
- Ability to work and communicate well within a team structure
As a growing company, Press Data require all staff to develop a versatile range of skills in relation to a daily agenda where quality and consistency of service to our clients is of prime importance.
Closing date for applications is 20 August 2015, 5pm
Please submit a CV and brief covering letter through the Adopt an Intern online application form on our website. All applications must be submitted by 5pm on the closing date. State a. your availability and b. relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job spec. We do NOT accept e-mail applications unless otherwise stated.