£17,947 per annum
Closing date: 24 March 2017
About the Company
The Royal Society of Edinburgh, Scotland’s National Academy is an educational charity, registered in Scotland, operating on a wholly independent and non-party-political basis and providing public benefit throughout Scotland. We were established in 1783 and since then have drawn upon the considerable strengths and varied expertise of our Fellows, of which there are currently around 1600, who are based in Scotland, the rest of the UK and beyond.
Unlike similar organisations in the rest of the UK, our Fellowship includes people from a wide range of disciplines - science & technology, arts, humanities, social science, business and public service. This breadth of expertise makes us unique in the UK. The time which our Fellows spend in supporting and enabling the delivery of our activities is an exceptional free resource, the annual public value of which is in excess of £1 million.
We are currently looking to recruit a new Membership Assistant to join our team, to support the Fellowship and Young Academy Manager, Legacies and Individual Gifts Manager, and Development Manager in the delivery of a programme of activities to engage and build relations with the RSE Fellowship and key donors..
The key tasks involved in the role are as follows:
• To coordinate and deliver a programme of engagement activities for the RSE Fellowship and key donors
• To produce written materials and communications as appropriate ensuring consistency of RSE brand
• To create and coordinate event budgets for approval
• To undertake other administrative tasks and duties in the activity areas of Fellowship and Development, and support other areas where appropriate
• To amend and maintain the RSE’s database with information relevant to the activity, ensuring integrity of the data
• To represent the RSE in an appropriate way at external events
A fuller version of the Job Description can be found here.
*Fixed-Term until 22 December 2017
The ideal candidate will be a graduate with outstanding organisational and communication skills. You will have a demonstrable interest in issues synonymous with the RSE's aim to enable Scotland to contribute significantly to addressing the global challenges facing humanity in the 21st Century. This will allow you to perform in this role with integrity and enthusiasm.
You will be comfortable and confident using IT, in particular Excel, and preferably have some experience of using CRM systems.
• Experience of planning and delivering events
• Good communication skills, both oral and written
• Good interpersonal skills
• Comfortable working and communicating with individuals at all levels
• Ability to prioritise and manage time well, and achieve deadlines
• Able to work effectively and confidently within a team environment
• The ability to act with tact and discretion in dealing with confidential information and maintain confidentiality as required
• Previous experience of delivering a supporter engagement programme
• Experience of using a CRM Database
• Experience of working within a membership organisation and/or experience of a fundraising environment
• Understanding of the principles of supporter relations and fundraising
Closing date for applications is 24 March 2017, 12 noon.
Interview date: Wednesday 5 April 2017
Please submit a CV and brief covering letter through the AAI online application form on our website. All applications must be submitted by noon on the closing date. State a. your availability and b. relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job spec. We do NOT accept e-mail applications unless otherwise stated.
Please confirm your eligibility to work in the UK.