Location: East Renfrewshire
£9.07 per hour
Full-time for 6 months
Closing date: 16 September 2019, 12 noon
Interview date: w/c 23 September 2019
Start date: 30 September 2019
About the Company
East Renfrewshire Council was formed in 1996 from Barrhead and Renfrew districts, and sits adjacent to the southern border of Glasgow City Council. Its population of 92,380 are split across 5 wards and 11 community council areas. Rural settlements include Eaglesham, Neilston and Newton Mearns while urban areas in the eastern area of the authority include Giffnock, Thornliebank and Stamperland among others. In 2014, 35.2% of the population were aged under 29, making young people a significant age group within the council.
Read more about East Renfrewshire Council here.
East Renfrewshire Council has two internship opportunities within the organisation which are aimed at supporting and driving the adoption of Microsoft Office 365. These two roles will sit within the ICT service and be business-facing.
• Promote and evangelise the use of Office 365 capabilities within the Council
• Work with ICT and Business Change colleagues to build a catalogue of Office 365 capabilities and key features
• Support and advise Council teams and services on the capabilities of Office 365
• Schedule and run training and awareness sessions for individuals, teams and services
• Mentor Council staff in specific tools or features to enhance their ways of working
• Develop easy to use guides and videos on common features and ways of using the tools
The ideal candidates will have an HND, degree, or equivalent experience in a relevant subject and have an interest in helping people use technology to improve their ways of working.
You will have excellent interpersonal, communication, written and verbal skills and also have the ability to deal with people from various backgrounds and seniority.
You will also have the following:
• Able to translate technical language to customer-friendly language
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Excellent written and verbal skills
• Basic Presentation skills
• Understanding of working under tight deadlines and under pressure
• Ability to manage individual workload
If you have any questions about this role or the organisation please contact email@example.com. Please do not under any circumstances contact the employer directly as doing so may negatively impact your employment opportunity.
Closing date for applications is 16 September 2019, 12 noon.
Interviews will be held on week commencing 23 September 2019.
Please submit a CV and tailored Cover Letter through the Adopt An Intern online application form by clicking “Apply” on our website. Examples of what we like to see in a cover letter can be found HERE.
All applications must be submitted by 12 noon on the closing date. In your Cover Letter, please state: A) your availability and B) relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job specifications.
We do NOT accept email applications unless otherwise stated.
Successful candidates must, by the start of the employment, have permission to work in the UK.