National Museums Scotland Enterprises was established in 2002 to facilitate the commercial activities of NMS. It provides support by gifting its potential profit to NMS at the end of each financial year.
£7.85 per hour, 37 hours per week, worked over 7 days
Initial 3 months with strong possibility for extension for the right candidate
Mid-late August start date
National Museums Scotland Enterprises has departments in Publishing, Retail, and Hospitality & Events, as well as responsibility for the NMS Picture Library and related activities of image licensing, copyright and product development. For more information please see the NMS website.
The Event Sales Co-ordinator intern will support in delivering a sales strategy, working alongside the Business Development Manager. The successful candidate must work as part of the team to achieve the budgeted targets. As an intern, you will promote NMS as unique and unrivalled events venues, whilst ensuring preservation of the Museums and their collections.
Main Duties and Activities:
1. Sales and Marketing
- Prospecting and client research within hospitality industry
- Building relations with key contacts, suppliers and industry partners
- Manage specified accounts
- Undertake pro-active sales activity to increase business and report on results
- Lost lead analysis
- Assisting the Business Development Manager in sales research for different markets over the UK
- Work with the Marketing Co-ordinator to support sales activity
- Assisting with familiarization trips and open days
- Conducting site visits and client meetings
- Provide a professional image of NMS Enterprises and NMS in all dealings with clients.
- Management of client database through accurate data entry and ensuring that information stored is up to date and correct. Maintain database and booking system (Rendezvous)
- Report compilation
- Answer and process incoming enquiries ensuring they are entered correctly in accordance to the client’s requirements
- Manage internal bookings
- Office management activities such as ordering stationary and filing and archiving paperwork
- Assist Event Management team during busy periods - may be required to manage small events
- Office cover to assist with holidays and business demands.
The successful candidate should be educated to degree level, preferably in Hospitality and Events. You will have experience providing excellent customer service, ideally in a sales based and client-facing role. Outstanding written and verbal communication skills showing you have the ability to communicate effectively to all stakeholders are a must. You should be organised and have good presentation skills.
As well as being a positive and committed team player, you should be self-motivated to be innovative and proactive. The individual must be well presented, paying particular attention to general professionalism, personal manner and dress. Someone with an outgoing personality and a flexible approach will excel in the role, which involves some negotiation and networking.
Closing date for applications is 27 July 2015, 5pm
Please submit a CV and brief covering letter through the Adopt an Intern online application form on our website. All applications must be submitted by 5pm on the closing date. State a. your availability and b. relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job spec. We do NOT accept e-mail applications unless otherwise stated.