£20,000 - £28,000 Pro Rata (DOE)
Part-time, 16-20 hours per week, Permanent
Closing date: 16 April 2019
Starting date: Immediate start
About the Companies
Blockstar Developments is an innovative Edinburgh-based startup that has created a full-stack digital currencies wallet and payment provider, serving the needs of both consumers and merchants.
Their Wallet App, Zumo, allows consumers to easily acquire digital currency and use it to pay for goods and services. Their B2B stack allows merchants to accept digital currencies as payment within a fully regulated and secure product environment.
Galvanise Capital is an angel investor syndicate based across Scotland and London, with a headquarters in Edinburgh, whose members provide investment for early-stage tech businesses. The syndicate typically focuses on businesses in the marketing technology, advertising technology and data and analytics spaces, presenting unique opportunities for early-stage tech investors. Members take a holistic approach to the concept of investing, in the sense that where possible they provide their experience, contacts and insights, alongside financial investment, to help guide portfolio businesses through their growth journey.
Blockstar and Galvanise are looking for a driven, self-motivated person to join the teams as an Office Manager to support a variety of daily operational requirements for both companies from their central headquarters in Leith.
In this role you will ensure the smooth running of the office and support the existing teams in tasks including, but not limited to:
Provide administrative support to the team. Plan, schedule, and organise key meetings (onsite and offsite), travel arrangements, and conferences.
• Work collaboratively with the existing team and staff to ensure ongoing objectives are met
• Deal with incoming calls, emails and enquiries
• Handle calendar management for the team, reviewing daily to ensure conflicts are resolved in a timely manner;
• Work with the Galvanise Executive Team on handling deal flow including possible analysis of business plans
• Assistance with copywriting/word processing
• Assist with social media administration and content
• Handle confidential and sensitive information with discretion
• Event planning and preparation for internal and external presentations-logistics, content, prep and coordination
• Support of data entry into relevant internal databases
• Handle e-mails and expense reporting
• Meeting notes/minute taking as required
• Perform office management duties as needed, including ordering supplies, stationary, setting up video conference meetings, ordering IT equipment, replenishing stocks, managing/distributing post and any necessary activity to ensure the smooth running of the office
• Provide support in the set-up of new team members
As with any startup role, there may be additional general administrative and creative responsibilities for events and project management as required.
This role requires someone with an ability, willingness and motivation to turn their hand to a wide variety of tasks, and who has a focus on detail, time management, accuracy, and timeliness to facilitate the productivity of the teams and general running of the office.
Experience, initiative and dedication are all important for this role.
This position will require someone adept at handling multiple work streams at one time in a dynamic, but supportive environment, and who is able to anticipate the needs of the executive leadership team, as well as respond independently of direction.
The following skills and qualities are required to be successful in this role:
• Intermediate or greater level of MS Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint proficiency
• Experience working in a fast-paced organisation
• Highly organised with core time management skills
• A flexible approach, adaptable, and pro-active nature, high level of initiative and solutions-focused mentality
• Ability to handle multiple tasks / projects and deadlines simultaneously with meticulous attention to detail.
• Ideal but not absolute - financial experience
• 2-5 years of administrative support or similar to senior leadership in a corporate setting
• Intermediate or greater level of proficiency with Google Drive
• Good social skills with ability to work with people at all levels
• Excellent verbal and written communication and grammatical skills
This role is advertised on a part-time basis and both Galvanise and Blockstar would welcome discussions around flexible working for the right candidate.
You may apply whatever your academic background, so long as you can prove you have the skills and experience to do the job. A background in business management or finance would be useful and applications from people returning to the workforce after a career break will also be welcomed.
If you have any questions about this role or the organisation please contact email@example.com. Please do not under any circumstances contact the employer directly as doing so may negatively impact your employment opportunity.
Please submit a CV and covering letter through the Adopt An Intern online application form on our website. All applications must be submitted by 12 noon on the closing date. State A) your availability and B) relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job specifications. We do NOT accept email applications unless otherwise stated.
Successful candidates must, by the start of the employment, have permission to work in the UK.