Salary: £16,000 per annum
Full-time (35 hours per week), fixed-term to 31 March 2018
Closing Date: 10 July 2017, noon
Interview weeks commencing: 17 and 24 July
About the company
Keep Scotland Beautiful is the charity that campaigns, acts and educates on a range of local, national and global environmental issues to change behaviour and improve the quality of people’s lives and the places they care for. We are committed to making Scotland clean, green and more sustainable.
For more information on Keep Scotland Beautiful you can visit our website.
We have an exciting internship opportunity for a creative and enthusiastic individual with strong communication and administration skills to join our team. It will provide an opportunity for you to be involved in a range of projects and gain an insight into how a national environmental charity operates. You will play a key role in supporting some of our organisational development projects including internal communications, systems development, HR and general administration.
Main areas and objectives of the role include:-
1. To support a range of organisational development projects including:-
• Training and development
• Induction, recruitment and retention
• Appraisals and competency framework
• Internal communications
2. To support personnel administration and general administration activities
3. To support the development and implementation of other corporate services projects as and when required.
4. To familiarise, develop and adhere to all internal policies and procedures.
5. To ensure compliance with our Health and Safety policy.
6. To observe our Equal Opportunities Policy.
7. To undertake such work as may be determined from time to time up to or on a level commensurate with the main responsibilities of the post.
Our ideal candidate will be a graduate with an interest in general business administration/management including human resources and you will ideally have been studying within these areas. You will possess a high level of communication skills both in writing and verbally, and have a knowledge and understanding of working with databases and Microsoft Office 365 applications (including cloud-based applications). The ability to manage and coordinate multiple tasks with minimal supervision whilst maintaining confidentiality is essential as is the ability to develop and implement projects.
In addition, the following skills/experience are desirable, but not essential:
• An understanding of on-line learning platforms, including Moodle
• Experience of working in a busy office environment
• Awareness, interest and curiosity about environmental/ sustainable
• Working with content management systems (e.g., website databases)
Closing date for applications is Monday 10 July 2017, noon.
Interviews will take place week commencing 17 or 24 July 2017.
Please submit a CV and brief covering letter through the AAI online application form on our website. All applications must be submitted by noon on the closing date. State a. your availability and b. relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job spec. We do NOT accept e-mail applications unless otherwise stated.
Please confirm your eligibility to work in the UK.APPLY