Are you highly organised and ready to start your graduate career in one of Scotland’s top ten law firms?
Full-time, permanent post
Morton Fraser are seeking a permanent PA to provide administrative support for the Corporate division, ensuring a proactive approach to strengthen and underpin team efficiency and client service. Within this role your duties will be:
• Proactively make day-to-day life smoother for partners/fee earners by reducing their administration load.
• Manage electronic diaries and email inboxes – directing to more urgent emails and dealing appropriately with other emails.
• Assist with meeting preparation – ensuring partners/fee earners have the necessary paperwork; client details; presentation materials etc.
• Answer telephone – screening calls appropriately and dealing with enquiries that do not require to be passed on.
• Play an active role in client service and act as a confident, reliable and positive point of contact.
• Type ad hoc correspondence, letters and file notes and assist with the preparation of PowerPoint presentations and spreadsheets.
• Carry out procedures to ensure money laundering legislation compliance for team / letters of engagement.
• Manage the divisional marketing database – assisting the marketing team with client details for event invites.
• File management – opening files, scanning documents to case plan, filing and file closure – ensuring any closing balance is dealt with appropriately.
• Arrange hospitality events – scheduling diaries, booking rooms and organising catering etc.
• Occasional personal tasks such as arranging car tax, processing expense claims; organising lunch etc.
• Assist in meeting team deadlines by using fax, scanner and photocopier (i.e. when GA is absent or if a demanding project is underway.)
• Provide absence cover for colleagues in Edinburgh and Glasgow office – which may occasionally require working from a different location / office.
• Other reasonable duties as requested.
About the company
Morton Fraser is a thriving, top ten Scottish law firm, delivering clear advice to businesses, the public sector, families and individuals. With over 260 employees across sites in Edinburgh, Glasgow and London, Morton Fraser provide highly rated legal services across the UK, and have links to over 160 international firms.
This role is suitable for graduates from a number of degree disciplines. You will have good knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint and be able to demonstrate a high level of accuracy and speed using MS Office applications. Familiarisation with formatting large Word documents is also desirable.
You will have excellent communication skills, both written and oral, with a good level of literacy and ability to draft concise, accurate, written information. You will have a friendly and professional manner, and be confident in working with people at all levels of a large organisation.
You will have excellent organisational skills and the ability to juggle several tasks simultaneously. Attention to detail is very important for this role, and you will be able to demonstrate this throughout the recruitment and selection process.
You will be able to demonstrate your commitment to providing a good client experience and willing to put in extra time and effort when required. You’ll be confident and willing to take the initiative to get things done.
Closing date for applications is 22 Sept 2015, 12noon.
Please submit a CV and brief covering letter through the Adopt an Intern online application form on our website. State a. your availability and b. How you meet the requirements of the job specification. We do NOT accept e-mail applications unless otherwise stated.