Aim of the Workshops
Confidence is increased when a person is valued, provided with equal access and given opportunities to work with guidance to progress to long term career choices.
Understanding and breaking down the barriers affecting black and ethnic minorities from attaining the career they have worked hard to qualify for is important to supporting the individuals seeking this bespoke program.
Developing the individual while working with employers to successfully increase diversity and build supportive buddy network for continued support for both parties.
Empowering an individual to own the success of their career choices while addressing uncomfortable issues in a supportive inclusive environment that encourages actionable and impactful changes that will being great benefits to drive business success and innovation.
Benefits of attending the workshops
The masterclass workshops are bespoke and tailored to the need of the group attending. However, key activities include the following:
• Digital/IT training to boost CV
• CV creation, LinkedIn update and writing effective cover letters
• Opportunity to apply for paid work experience placements (living wage), gain experience or return to work
• Interactive forum inviting employers and participants to work together to tackle barriers to work including external and internal issues
• Tailored practical interview coaching: Online interview, group interview, time management related interviews, phone interview and exploring new trends such as SMS interview
• Boost presentation skills, public speaking and physical presence confidence using techniques taught by industry professionals.
• One to one coaching for personal development.
• Networking events to meet employers, showcase BME talent and build buddy support system.
BME people, refugees and migrants who work in low paid jobs or are unemployed, with right to work.
Spaces for the masterclasses are limited to 12 people per 8-week session. If you miss these dates, follow us on Facebook for the next session dates in Glasgow and Edinburgh.
Please email your CV and a short message on what you want to get out of this program.
Edinburgh Master class start date
8 weeks from 3rd September incl. (two days a week - Tuesdays and Wednesdays)
Norton Park Conference Centre Business Hub 57 Albion Road, Edinburgh, EH7 5QY
10:30am – 2.30pm