Competitive Salary with Company Shares
Closing date: 26 March 2018, 12 noon
Interview date: w/c 2 April 2018
About the Company
EBar Initiatives' mission is to revolutionise customer service in the bar and event industries through the intelligent application of innovative technology.
The EBar® self-service beverage dispenser is capable of taking a customer order and dispensing a perfect pint of beer, or other carbonated beverage, in mere seconds. We want event-goers, wherever they are in the world, to have a drink if they want one without having to endure the frustrations of long bar queues.
EBar Initiatives was founded in August 2016. We are a small, fast-moving company leveraging our outsiders' mentality to take on industry incumbents who have been slow to adapt and have taken customers for granted. After tremendous progress in 2017, complemented by a recent win at the Scottish EDGE final, EBar Initiatives is looking to expand in 2018.
Our business has the potential to grow rapidly into a multi-national company, and this presents an amazing opportunity for the right person to join us early on in our journey.
This role could appeal to an experienced engineer looking to change tack. An enthusiastic tinkerer with an entrepreneurial spark to help develop a new and innovative product.
EBar Initiatives is seeking an engineer who will take a pivotal role in the management and development of the innovative EBar self-service beverage dispenser unit. You will take ownership of our prototype and production units, evaluate product features, and coordinate with third party vendors for the next 12-18 months before you assist in recruiting our in-house development team.
There is incredible potential for professional growth in this role. We are offering a competitive salary based on experience, an auto-enrolled workplace pension, access to our company bonus scheme and company shares through an employee share incentive scheme.
Initially, you will be working in the office/workshop as well as attending events across the country to test and develop our dispenser units. Over time it is anticipated more time will be spent in the office/workshop. Events typically take place in evenings and on weekends. You will be required, at least initially, to travel extensively, work flexible hours in busy, loud and passionate environments.
This is an opportunity to play a key role in an exciting and rapidly growing company. The position offers huge scope for individual input and project ownership. This position is our first vacancy and represents a unique opportunity to be at the start of a revolution in bar customer service, helping EBar Initiatives change the way the world is served.
You will be a key member of our management team, and the role will develop with time and as the company expands, but the initial duties and responsibilities will be as follows:
• Troubleshoot, maintain and upgrade prototype and production EBar® dispenser units
• Deploy, supervise, and maintain prototype units at customer events
• Integrate innovative dispensing hardware as scale of operations increases
• Manage the workshop facility to a high standard
• Scope and select next-generation prototype system architecture
• Manage the product's customer requirements, features, and development roadmap
• Develop unit systems (scope of this is dependent on the candidate's areas of expertise)
• Manage the integration of hardware, software control, payment and communications systems with third-party vendors
• Characterise unit performance across a range of conditions with various alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages.
• In the future, you will also conduct design upgrades and develop next-generation units
If this opportunity both excites and scares you, you may be the right person for us.
Essential skills, personal characteristics, and experience include:
• An undergraduate engineering degree with 2:1, or higher
• Multi-disciplinary competence in mechanical, electrical, software and product engineering
• Proven practical experience and a 'hands-on' attitude
• Ability to work within a small team
• Self-starter who is willing to take ownership of your work and drive forwards without close supervision
• Flexibility, creative problem solving, and a passion for succeeding
• A clean UK/EU driving license
The following would be advantageous and desirable:
• Industrial experience in multi-disciplinary engineering fields
• Experience of product design using Solidworks or other equivalent CAD programmes
• Knowledge of beer/beverage dispense systems
• Experience behind the bar, or as an event attendee
Closing date for applications is 26 March 2018, 12 noon.
Please submit a CV and covering letter through the AAI online application form on our website. All applications must be submitted by 12 noon on the closing date. State A) your availability and B) relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job specifications. We do NOT accept email applications unless otherwise stated.
Successful candidates must, by the start of the employment, have permission to work in the UK.