Award-winning bakers, Stephens Bakery, are going from strength to strength with accounts with many retailers in Scotland. This is your opportunity to join a successful and thriving team!
£8 per hour. 39 hour week, 5 days over 7, Monday to Sunday inclusive for 3-6 months, with potential for a permanent role for the right candidate
Have you got great cooking experience and culinary skills that you would like to take into a manufacturing development opportunity? As Product Development Manager, you’d be working in the competitive world of retail baking.
This is a highly desirable role where, in line with the company core values, you must be able to create new ideas and individual approaches to the high quality products that Stephens Bakery produces. With responsibility for designing, testing and producing new products, you will be an integral part of the company’s growth and ongoing development. Stephens supply quality products to nearly 200 retailers so you will also be expected to liaise with Sales and Marketing and Technical departments to support product development across the organisation.
• Come up with new product ideas
• Respond to the findings of the New Product Development group
• Stay ahead of consumer taste trends
• You’ll be a passionate foodie who enjoys cooking on the creative edge
• You’re going to be bursting with ideas for new bakery products, pie fillings, sauces and foods, and full of enthusiasm and culinary expertise to convince those around you that each product is the next big thing
The ideal candidate will have a background in any of the following areas:
• An HND or degree in food product management, food technology or a related subject
• City and Guilds 706 (Parts 1 and 2), or the NVQ equivalent qualification, alongside a certificate in food hygiene
• Any qualifications gained from your background as a Chef
In addition, you must have:
• A strong understanding of food safety and manufacturing
• The skills to develop recipes using factory processes
• Understanding of ingredients and nutrition
• Skills in organisation
• Awareness of quality attributes for new products
• Creative and innovative thinking
• Commercial acumen
• A handle on consumer trends
• Computer literacy
• The right candidate will also understand presentation and have a good eye for detail
• Enthusiasm to support the business and present them in a creative light
Closing date for applications is 28 June 2015, 5pm.
Please submit a CV and brief covering letter through the Adopt an Intern online application form on our website. All applications must be submitted by 5pm on the closing date. State a. your availability and b. relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job spec. We do NOT accept e-mail applications unless otherwise stated.