Location: Bridge of Don, Aberdeen
(with significant travel across the UK)
£22,000 - £26,000 p/a (dependent on experience)
Start date: March/April 2019
Closing date: 15 February 2019, noon
Interview date: w/c 4 March 2019
About the Company
EBar Initiatives’ mission is to change the way the world is served. The company is seeking to transform the bar and event industries by applying innovative technology to improve the customer experience.
The company’s first product is the EBar®; a self-service beverage dispenser capable of taking a customer order and dispensing a perfect pint in just seconds by using a highly innovative dispensing technique.
There is something you should know about EBar – they hate bar queues and love events. They want event-goers across the globe to be able to buy a drink and get back to the event they came to see and avoid the mind-numbing drudgery of long queues.
EBar Initiatives Ltd was founded in August 2016. They are a small, fast-moving company leveraging an outsiders’ mentality to take on the challenge of transforming the consumer experience at events. After tremendous progress in 2018, in which they received substantial investment and deployed the EBar® commercially, they are looking to expand in 2019.
Their business has huge potential to grow rapidly into a multi-national company and this presents an amazing opportunity for the right person to join us early on in our journey.
More information on the company, their vision and their values can be found on their website.
EBar are looking for an entrepreneurial Product Engineer to take a pivotal role in shaping the future of the EBar® beverage dispenser, including the development of key improvements and new features.
Working within their small team you will take ownership of key aspects of the EBar dispenser project and will take a pivotal role in the design for manufacture process and the transition into scale manufacturing.
Initially, you will be working from their Aberdeen office/workshop as well as attending events across the country to learn from the deployment of the EBar across a range of scenarios. Events typically take place in evenings and on weekends. It is expected, at least initially, that you will travel extensively, work flexible hours in busy, loud and passionate environments.
You will be a key member of Ebar's small team, supported by the Product Engineer Manager and Managing Director.
The initial responsibilities for the role are listed below, these are likely to change over time as the company grows.
• Troubleshoot, maintain and upgrade EBar® dispenser units
• Deploy, supervise, and maintain EBar units at customer events
• Integrate innovative dispensing hardware as scale of operations increases
• Identify and evaluate manufacturing techniques and the suitability of suppliers
• Design, build and undertake experimental ‘test rigs’ to evaluate components
• Maintain a tidy and well-organised workshop
• Develop/manage the software architecture for the next generation of EBar
• Implement new features based on customer feedback and the product roadmap
• Manage the integration of hardware, software and communications systems
• Conduct design upgrades and develop next-generation units
• Undertake value engineering of EBar components to prepare for scale manufacture
This position represents a unique opportunity to be in at the start of a revolution in bar customer service, helping EBar Initiatives change the way the world is served.
If this opportunity both excites and scares you, you may be the right person for EBar!
The ideal candidate will be well motivated and educated to degree level with strong teamwork skills. You will have an entrepreneurial spirit and will speak out to help develop the best version of a new and innovative product.
Essential skills, personal characteristics and experience include:
• An engineering degree with 2:1, or higher
• Multi-disciplinary competence in mechanical, electrical and software engineering
• Knowledge of manufacturing techniques
• Experience using CAD software
• Proven practical experience and a ‘hands-on’ attitude
• Ability to work within a small, agile team
• Self-starter who is willing to take ownership of your own work and drive forwards without close supervision
• Flexibility, creative problem solving, and a passion for succeeding
• A clean driving license is required
The following would be advantageous and desirable:
• Industrial experience in multi-disciplinary engineering fields
• Mechatronics experience
• Experience of product design using Solidworks
• Knowledge of beer/beverage dispense systems
• Experience behind the bar, or as a passionate event attendee
What EBar offer
There is incredible potential for professional progression in this role. EBar is offering a competitive salary, an auto-enrolled workplace pension and access to their company bonus scheme alongside the opportunity in the future to earn company shares through an employee share incentive scheme. This role can deliver the right person a fantastic opportunity.
In your application, please set out why you are best suited to this exciting role and tell the team what you would gain from working with EBar Initiatives. The company values are core to the EBar ethos, so please also consider these and document which value means the most to you and why in your cover letter.
If you have any questions about this role or the organisation please contact email@example.com. Please do not under any circumstances contact the employer directly as doing so may negatively impact your employment opportunity.
Closing date for applications is 15 February 2019, noon.
Please submit a CV and covering letter through the Adopt An Intern online application form on our website. All applications must be submitted by 12 noon on the closing date. State A) your availability and B) relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job specifications. We do NOT accept email applications unless otherwise stated.
Successful candidates must, by the start of the employment, have permission to work in the UK.