circa £30,000 per annum dependent on experience
Closing date: 21 November 2019, 12 noon
About the Company
“Smith Anderson Group Limited is a 160 year-old family company that operates at the frontline of creative design in sustainable packaging. We are a paper bag and paper packaging manufacturer, supplying high-end quality products to well-known foodservice, pharmacy and high street retailers. Our product range is diverse and keeps us at the pinnacle of our industry.”
Read more about Smith Anderson here.
In order to help manage and further develop their exceptional product offering, Smith Anderson now requires a Product Innovation Manager. You will apply your creative skills and sound market research skills to produce new packaging designs from early initial concepts, through to the final product.
Reporting to the Sales Director, your key responsibilities would be to:
• Create exciting new packaging ideas for the company’s New Product Development (NPD) Team to develop
• Lead and coordinate the product review process
• Conduct market research on the latest products, raw materials, design and customers
• Identify opportunities to develop our existing products and develop new opportunities using your design knowledge
• Project manage these innovations from concept through to final product sign off or launch by liaising and coordinating activities with Quality Control, Sales and Marketing, Production and Procurement
• Ensure that all Quality and Environmental and Sustainability Policies are applied in the creation and development of new products
• Ensure that all NPD documentation is up to date
• Develop products which give consideration to cost minimisation (value engineering) and sales margin optimisation, whilst maximising the quality of the product
• Provide regular updates on progress and key developments to the NPD team and senior management
• Drive projects through to completion
Build and use personal networks to link ideas and people that might not otherwise interact
• Apply unique skills and interests to develop new opportunity domains
• Ask tough and insightful questions
You will also attend customer visits and identify the most suitable trade shows for the business to attend, in order to support product development and innovation.
This role would suit a graduate educated to degree level in a relevant subject such as a Design-related course, although this is not crucial.
You will have solid project management skills, be a team player and have a passion for product design and product development.
You should also have the following skills:
• Portfolio with examples of professional work
• Ability to prototype concepts through mock models
• Strong communication skills are essential as you will be working with a variety of colleagues from different disciplines as well as speaking with customers and suppliers
• Confident presenter with good visual presentation and research skills
• Excellent organisational skills and be able to work smart
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
If you have any questions about this role or the organisation please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not under any circumstances contact the employer directly as doing so may negatively impact your employment opportunity.
Closing date for applications is 21 November 2019, 12 noon.
Please submit a CV and tailored Cover Letter through the Adopt An Intern online application form on our website.
Examples of what we expect in an application can be found HERE. All applications must be submitted by 12 noon on the closing date.
State A) your availability and B) relevant experience and demonstrate how your skills match the specific requirements of the job description.
We do NOT accept email applications unless otherwise stated.APPLY