The Newbold Trust Wellbeing & Sustainable Living Centre is a Forres based social enterprise dedicated to Growing a Life Sustaining Society through the provision of retreats, courses and community living experiences.
Location: Forres, Moray
£7.85 per hour. Part-time for 12 weeks
May 2015 start
Working as a Programme Coordinator your main responsibilities will be:
• Researching course and group retreat leaders who would be a good fit for the Newbold Trust wellbeing and sustainable living centre e.g. Permaculture, eco-therapy/ eco- psychology, nature connection, conservation, citizenship & social entrepreneurship, personal development, yoga, dance, meditation, wellbeing, creative writing, positive psychology, social enterprise trainings & team building, youth trainings etc.
• Creating a database/contact list of potential course & retreat leaders
• Contacting course & retreat leaders: providing Newbold Trust information/literature, generating interest in using Newbold House as a venue for their activities.
• Responding to enquiries from course & retreat leaders e.g. with pricing and facilities information.
• Helping the Newbold Operations Manager to set up and host courses, events and retreats.
• Assisting the Managing Director and Communications Manager in the development, promotion and coordination of our in house Programme including: Sustainable Living courses, Family Nature Activity weeks, Tailored wellbeing retreats, Yoga retreats & classes, Garden open days
• Reception and admin tasks in the main office e.g. answering the phone, taking bookings for courses & retreats, responding to enquiries regarding our volunteering programme, welcoming guests
• Attending morning meetings and fortnightly business/staff meetings
There is the potential for a longer term paid position at the end of the internship if the intern is successful at generating new leads and business through their outreach activities.
Most of Newbold Trust staff and volunteers live on site, there will be possibility for the successful intern to also live on site if they wish to. The intern will also have access to free yoga classes and substantial staff discounts on the other courses and retreats offered.
The ideal candidate will have a background in business, social entrepreneurship, sustainable development, sustainable tourism, marketing, sales or similar. Some direct sales experience would be advantageous.
You will have excellent communication, interpersonal and customer service skills and be confident contacting people with promotional literature. An interest in social and environmental issues, sustainable living, wellbeing and personal development would be very beneficial as the successful candidate will need to speak with authentic enthusiasm about our products and services. Experience living or working in a group environment e.g. shared house, community, youth camps, hospitality/hotel etc. would also be advantageous as the centre is run by a residential staff.
Closing date for applications is 12 April 2015, 5pm.
Please submit a CV and brief covering letter through the Adopt an Intern online application form on our website. All applications must be submitted by 5pm on the closing date. State a. your availability and b. relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job spec. We do NOT accept e-mail applications unless otherwise stated.