Full time for 6 months initially (potential for permanent)
£22,500 - £35,000 per annum (depending on experience)
Closing date: 28 January 2020, 12 noon
Interviews will be held as soon as excellent candidates apply
About the Company
“My Language Connection is a translation company that provides comprehensive, professional translation services in more than 200 languages and dialects.
Our combination of highly skilled linguists ensures that our translation is accurate and delivered at lightning-fast speed, always in accordance to our clients’ timely deadlines. Our focus is technical translations, but we also offer legal, medical, patent, marketing, and general translations.”
After tremendous momentum in 2019, complemented by a win at the Scottish EDGE Round 15 final in December, the company is enjoying continued success and expansion in 2020.
More information about My Language Connection can be found here.
My Language Connection is now looking for an individual to take on the role of Project Manager within their team to implement all aspects of translation/interpretation projects, including coordination, organization and financial control, and to maintain client satisfaction and relationship management. In this role, you will also ensure that all allocated project budgets and are required to maintain gross profit margin company targets.
You will work closely with the company director to ensure the smooth running of the daily operations and support the existing team in tasks including, but not limited to:
• Monitoring and ensuring that all client projects are delivered on or before deadlines and within budget
• Liaise and manage freelance linguists ensuring projects are delivered on time using Wrike Project Management tool
• Communicate MLC’s business mission whilst out networking and developing relationships with clients
• Maintain client satisfaction through calls and excellent customer service
• Manage your Projects Administrator in raising and issuing Purchase Orders to linguists using Zoho CRM
• Proof check and format documentation when translators deliver their final translated documents
•Proactively lead the identification of any potential issues and resolve them
• Assist team members to ensure client satisfaction
• Highlight ways to improve efficiency and overall performance to Managing Director
• General administration tasks when required
A more detailed account of your responsibilities can be seen in this PDF.
As with any startup position, there will also be ad hoc administrative and operational responsibilities as the business grows and you’ll be expected during quieter months to be proactive during quieter periods to help grow MLC, such as, gather client case studies and assist the Sales Team with follow up.
This is a truly unique opportunity to join the company at an exciting stage of growth. You will be a key member of the team going forward and will be able to grow in the role and develop yourself personally and professionally and an extension of the contract after the initial 6-month probationary period is expected upon review.
The ideal person for this role would be a proactive professional who has a relevant degree in Business Management and 2 - 3 years of practical experience within Project Management, Operations, Customer Service and Administration. Experience working in a Life Sciences company would be advantageous as the company is keen to delegate specific sector areas to team members as the company’s client scope widens.
This role is open to anyone with the right experience who could make an immediate commitment to the efforts of the business. This role would suit an experienced returner who is returning to work after a break and is eager to re-build a similiar career.
• Several years of experience in both Project Management and Customer Service
• Have a positive and can do attitude is essential
• Ability to manage own workload and embrace a teamwork approach
• Effective communication skills, both verbal and written
• Highly organised, with sound time management skills
• Reliable, with excellent attention to detail
• Adaptable, proactive, high level of initiative and solutions-focused mentality
• Ability to keep order within a changing environment
• Strong customer service skills
• A kind person, who is a great listener and team player
• Resilient, self-motivated showing strong discipline
• Efficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
Desirable but not essential:
• Experience of the translation industry
• Experience or knowledge of the Life Sciences sector
If you have any questions about this role or the organisation please contact email@example.com. Please do not under any circumstances contact the employer directly as doing so may negatively impact your employment opportunity.
Closing date for applications is Tuesday 28 January 2020, 12 noon.
Interviews will be held as soon as excellent candidates apply.
The interview selection process following shortlisting will include a competency based question session and the delivery of a PowerPoint or Prezi presentation.
Please submit a CV and Cover Letter through the AAI EmployAbility online application form on our website. Examples of what we expect in an application can be found HERE.
All applications must be submitted by 12 noon on the closing date. State A) your availability and B) relevant experience and demonstrate how your skills match the specific requirements of the job description.
We do NOT accept email applications unless otherwise stated.
Successful candidates must, by the start of the employment, have permission to work in the UK.