BIDS provides support, advice and encouragement to business groups, communities and local authorities considering and developing a business improvement district (a BID).
Location: Home office (travel to various locations required)
£10.00 p/h, 30hrs per week for 6 months (with review for further 6 months)
The BIDs model can be used whenever a group of businesses want to work collectively and invest together in improving their business environment or grow their market sector.
Please see website for more about the organisation: http://www.bids-scotland.com/
BIDS is looking for an enthusiastic graduate to join their small team as Project Manager. In this role you will primarily work from home and travel to occasional meetings across the country. Your responsibilities will focus on:
• carrying out a survey of all the regional BIDs;
• compiling data from the survey to generate meaningful information and statistics;
• producing a National Report on BIDs In Scotland 2016 (the last one was carried out in 2013);
• providing digital communications support to improve the profile of the business;
• updating existing database of contacts;
• and working with other consultants on a variety of BID related projects, as required by the company.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with a background in/skills in business studies, with a high level of mathematical/financial literacy and knowledge of digital communication and marketing. Excellent organisational, communication and IT skills, as well as the ability to work efficiently without supervision, are essential.
It will be a requirement of the position that the appointed candidate will:
• have access to their own private transport or ease of access to public transport
• be located within an area that allows easy access to Stirling, Perth, Edinburgh and Glasgow
• have access to secure and reliable home broadband
• be IT competent in Windows, social media, website content management, video chat and voice calls.
• candidates will require to confirm that they are able to work from home
Closing date for applications is 3 November 2015, 12noon.
Please submit a CV and brief covering letter through the Adopt an Intern online application form on our website. State a. your availability and b. relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job spec. Please note that we do NOT accept e-mail applications unless otherwise stated.
Would you like to get some project management experience under your belt? Check out this 6-month internship: https://t.co/gwVyQ96HAZ— Adopt an Intern (@AdoptAnIntern) October 21, 2015