The Scottish Credit and Qualifications Framework (SCQF) is Scotland’s national qualifications framework
£9.00 per hour. Full-time for 6 months
1 April 2015 start
As a Project Officer for SCQF your main responsibilities will include:
• Reviewing the existing database of learning programmes in respect of content and technical functions
• Interviewing SCQFP staff, key stakeholders, IT specialists and users of the database to obtain feedback on current operation, user friendliness, content, future enhancements, etc.
• Arranging and carrying out focus groups
• Setting up a user group and facilitating meetings
• Compiling a list of recommended changes, enhancements and technical requirements
• Liaison with IT specialists on changes, enhancements and technical requirements
The ideal graduate will be educated to degree level with a background in IT, data management, business or relatable field. You will have previous experience of database design and development and a knowledge of PHP programming and MySQL. You will need to demonstrate the ability to arrange and conduct face-to-face meetings with stakeholders and others and to be able to extract, articulate and compose user requirements into a detailed set of recommendations and technical requirements in a form accessible to both IT specialists and other non-technical staff.
The successful intern will have good organisational skills and a strong attention to detail. You should have excellent written and verbal communication skills and be able to work both alone and as part of a team.
Closing date for applications is 6 March 2015, 5pm.
Interviews will take place on 25 March 2015. Please submit a CV and brief covering letter through the Adopt an Intern online application form on our website. State a. your availability and b. How you meet the requirements of the job specification. We do NOT accept e-mail applications unless otherwise stated.