£8.75 per hour
Full-time for 52 weeks
Start date: Immediate
Closing date: 22 June 2018, 12 noon
Interview date: w/c 2 July 2018
About the Company
Emporium Vapour is an Electronic Cigarette retail company and was the first to reach the streets in Scotland. They are family run and enjoy a high long-term returning customer base due to their excellent customer service and quality of product. They produce all their own liquids for use with electronic cigarettes and are fully compliant with all regulations for their production.
Their team is small and consists of three main staff. One is a chemist who deals with the production of liquids. The other two staff deal with customer service including wholesale customers. One is dedicated to shop ordering (5 retail stores) and ensuring stock movement is recorded electronically. Above the three staff, we have production and warehouse operatives who will hot desk for data entry.
For more about the company see their website.
As Promotion and Marketing Intern, you will work with the rest of the team to develop and research Emporium Vapour's marketing plan with the goal to increasing presence online and locally and to increase traffic to their website from individual and wholesale customers.
Key responsibilities of the role are:
• Social media and email marketing review and gap analysis vs best practice (within the context of wider strategy) and ensuring ideal leverage of online and offline marketing
• Joint-development of brand-specific marketing, email, and social media promotion plans
• Ensuring most effective tools in place to support promotion and marketing plans
• Day to day implementation of emails, social media content creation and handling responses
• Assistance in maintaining website content up to date
• Ongoing review, analysis, and refinement of social media and e-mail marketing and planning
• Developing and supporting SEO agency with on-page keyword content and initiatives
• Assist with digital PR development and grow digital presence
The ideal candidate will have a strong interest, if not experience and/or qualifications, in a career in marketing and media. The office and team are relaxed and chatty, but there is a strong expectation that all work is completed successfully without constant supervision. You should, therefore, be able to confidently manage your own workload and be a self-starter (and finisher!). Adaptability is also an essential requirement, indeed if you were to ask the team about Emporium Vapour, they would say that no two days are ever the same.
You should have solid and demonstrable social media skills, particularly with regard to interaction with customers and potential customers. Knowledge of SEO and digital marketing strategies is advantageous. You should also have some knowledge of electronic cigarettes and the legislation around this product.
Closing date for applications is 22 June 2018, 12 noon.
Please submit a CV and covering letter through the Adopt An Intern online application form on our website. All applications must be submitted by 12 noon on the closing date. State A) your availability and B) relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job specifications. We do NOT accept email applications unless otherwise stated.
Successful candidates must, by the start of the employment, have permission to work in the UK.