£8.45 per hour
Full-time for 6 months
Closing date: 13 February 2017, noon
About the Company
Zero Waste Scotland is funded by the Scottish Government to support the delivery of its Zero Waste Plan and other low carbon and resource efficiency policy priorities.
Zero Waste Scotland is helping Scotland to become more efficient in its use of resources. As a facilitator and enabler of change, we help to reduce waste, increase energy efficiency and promote responsible water use – all as part of a journey towards a low-carbon, sustainable economy.
Please see our website for more information about the organisation.
This is an exciting opportunity for an intern to support the adoption of The Household Recycling Charter across Scotland. The Household Recycling Charter, which was developed collaboratively by The Scottish Government and CoSLA, aims to bring more consistency to household recycling services. Signatory local authorities commit to providing services that deliver local and national benefits, encouraging high-levels of citizen participation in waste prevention, recycling and reuse. Circular economy principles are embedded within the Charter; including better resource management to support sustainable employment and investment in the economy for the benefit of Scotland and its local communities.
Working closely with, and being directed by the project manager, the successful candidate will support a range of activities that are required to implement and monitor Scotland’s Household Recycling Charter and associated Code of Practice.
You will have the following responsibilities:
• Liaise directly with identified Local Authorities
• Research existing services, policies and past projects with Sector Managers to populate audit checklist prior to direct engagement with identified local authorities
• Report writing and data entry
• Support the Resource Management team and across relevant internal departments develop a consistent approach to moderation of audit results
• Develop/deliver presentations to share knowledge and good practice organisation-wide
• Explore and help implement audit checklist process improvement opportunities with Local Authorities
• Attend events, conferences, seminars, information events, training and workshops as required
• Maintain a good level of professional awareness and knowledge of technical and policy developments relevant to the company
• Any other tasks as required to support the aims and objectives of Zero Waste Scotland
The successful individual will be educated to degree level or experience in a relevant discipline. You will have confident interpersonal, communication (written and verbal) and some presentation skills. It is essential that you have some knowledge of MS Office, especially Excel.
Zero Waste Scotland would like to hear from enthusiastic applicants, who are proficient in time management and have good attention to detail. You will be a good team player with the ability to work to your own initiative and be adaptable in responding to the changing project priorities. General knowledge of the waste and resource management sector, evaluation methodologies and/or appreciation of statistics would be advantageous.
Closing date for applications is 13 February 2017, 12 noon.
Please submit a CV and brief covering letter through the AAI online application form on our website. All applications must be submitted by noon on the closing date. State a. your availability and b. relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job spec. We do NOT accept e-mail applications unless otherwise stated.
Please confirm your eligibility to work in the UK.