Location: Dundonald, Ayrshire
(flexible to allow some home-based days)
£18,000 – £20,000 (DOE)
Full-time for 6 months (with potential for permanent)
Closing date: 15 April 2019, 12 noon
Interview date: w/c 22 April 2019
About the Company
Pillow is a property management service matching homeowners with quality guests from around the world. Since 2015, they have offered their property management services to holiday homes, serviced apartments, guest houses, B&Bs and hotel owners.
Through their management services, Pillow aims to take all the work away from their clients and free up their time, including property preparation, guest communications, changeover responsibilities and promotion of client properties.
After tremendous growth in 2018, complemented by winning the Silicon Valley Competition at the FutureX Startup Summit, the company is enjoying continued success in 2019.
To learn more about the company, their vision and the values, visit their website here: https://www.pillowpartners.co.uk
Pillow is a team made up of Property Managers and support staff who have nurtured a fun and friendly workplace with a focus on results and business expansion. Pillow is looking for an Accounting Assistant to support their team in bookkeeping and using Xero, an online software that allows them to interact with their client data in real time. This role is flexible and Pillow are happy to offer a mix of office-based and home-based work days.
In this role you will:
• Perform bank reconciliation and process accounting records
• Maintain general ledgers checking that all accounts balance
• Query any transactions which do not meet company policy to obtain an explanation
• Manage and raise invoices
• Respond to queries for petty cash and fortnightly reconciliation of the petty cash
• Undertake credit controlling tasks
• Prepare periodic financial reports of the organisations financial transactions
• Support the team with general administration including updating client records
• Attend company management meetings when required
Pillow is looking for a motivated and enthusiastic individual who is able to work independently and on their own initiative. The Ideal candidate will have either a background in or a degree in Accounting or Finance and some experience working within other businesses.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken English
• Confident with own numerical skills
• Ability to work under pressure and towards multiple deadlines
• Excellent computing skills and a familiarity with Microsoft Office packages, as the role will involve day to day use of IT systems
• Excellent organisation skills and strong attention to detail
• Ability to work on own initiative but also a strong team player
• A flexible and positive approach to work
• Xero experience
You may apply regardless of your academic background provided you have the relevant experience. This role offers an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic young company at an exciting stage of growth.
If you have any questions about this role or the organisation please contact email@example.com. Please do not under any circumstances contact the employer directly as doing so may negatively impact your employment opportunity.
Closing date for applications is 15 April 2019, 12 noon.
Please submit a CV and Covering Letter through the Adopt An Intern online application form by clicking “Apply” on our website. All applications must be submitted by 12 noon on the closing date. In your Cover Letter, please state: A) your availability and B) relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job specifications. We do NOT accept email applications unless otherwise stated.
Successful candidates must, by the start of the employment, have permission to work in the UK.