As a Roads and Transportation Intern with you will assist the department with the review of existing Traffic Regulation Orders (TRO) that control the waiting and loading of vehicles along the council’s roads; as well as assisting with the drafting and promotion of new TROs following the introduction of Decriminalised Parking Enforcement.
Location: Giffnock, Glasgow
£7.65 per hour, full-time, 35 hours per week (Monday to Friday) for an initial 12 months.
Immediate start date.
During the course of the project the successful candidate will:
- Analyse and summarise existing traffic and parking data.
- Carry out survey work to examine current restrictions on street
- Carry out survey work to assess current traffic and waiting and loading acts on the street
- Assist with examining appropriateness of existing regulations and drafting regulations
- Assist with preparing and analysing public consultation material
- Preparing mapping to show new restrictions
- Assist with preparing of TRO documentation
- Preparing road lining and signing drawings to show new restrictions
- Assisting with updating Council’s Website and Social networking sites
- To assist in preparing responses to general enquiries and Freedom of Information requests
- Any other tasks that are required to be completed
This internship will require a graduate with excellent communication skills to be able to impart information to various internal and external stakeholders. You will be able to interpret information and the implications of regulating behaviour in the context of the immediate environment and decriminalising parking; and understand and work within a legal process.
Some knowledge and interest in traffic and transportation matters would be required and a working knowledge of CAD, GIS or mapping software would be beneficial but not required. You will be an excellent team player who is self-motivated and able to work individually as well.
The position will be 35-hours per week for 12 months at a rate of £7.65 per hour
Closing date for applications is Friday 10th October, 5pm.
Interviews will take place on Friday 17th October
Please submit a CV and brief covering letter through the Adopt an Intern online application form on our website. State a. your availability and b. How you meet the requirements of the job specification. We do NOT accept e-mail applications unless otherwise stated.