£22,000 per annum + bonus scheme
Full time, permanent
Closing date: 30 April 2019, 12 noon
About the Company
Are you a graduate or young professional seeking to develop your career in B2B sales?
Do you like the sound of joining a technology company with a global customer base which is located in the heart of Edinburgh’s West End?
Are you seeking to join a team of experienced technology sales professionals that will invest the time and provide the tools to develop your personal skills and ensure your success in a sales role?
EDEM provides engineering simulation software products and services into a global customer base. Its software is supplied to over 150 commercial customers and is used by more than 230 leading academic and research institutes.
EDEM has a long history of hiring and developing people with AAI. To date, AAI has helped 7x graduates to find valuable work in the Sales and Marketing departments at EDEM.
Find out more about EDEM at their website.
As part of organic growth expansion plans, EDEM is hiring a Sales Development Representative (SDR) to join their international sales team. The role would suit someone who is interested in developing their career in sales with a supportive and experienced team. You should be willing to learn and deliver results in sales lead generation and client relationship development.
As an SDR, you will be responsible for new sales lead creation and subsequent qualification for progression by territory Sales Managers. Sales lead creation will be achieved either by developing leads from the marketing team or by directly researching the market, identifying new prospective customer companies and clients.
In this role, you will develop a Sales Lead Generation Plan and report on progress as a key member of the EDEM European and Global Sales organisation.
Additionally, you build engagement with new customer contacts, promoting EDEM's products and services. Prospective customers are typically large engineering, manufacturing and production companies spanning multiple industry sectors and market geographies.
The ultimate measure of success in this role is the volume of new sales converted from generated leads.
Key activities of the role:
• Developing Marketing Leads into qualified sales leads
• Researching to identify and profile new customer target prospects
• Researching to identify contact information for key contacts in customer targets
• Outreach by social media, email, phone channels to establish contact and build relationships
• Developing outreach contacts into qualified sales leads
• Utilising and developing a range of market and contact research tools and techniques
Technical / Operations
• To source new contacts and expand business relationships for EDEM
• To maintain regular contact with identified contacts and build EDEM sales funnel in line with EDEM sales and marketing plans
• To conduct remote and / or face-to-face presentations to develop interest and confidence of target customer contacts
• To be accountable for the development of sales lead development plan and monitoring progress against the plan
• To regularly inform Sales Management Team and other appropriate EDEM team members on sales progress
• To promote the EDEM company brand and help develop territory-specific marketing materials and promotional literature
• To develop personal skills and experience as a progression path towards future territory Sales Manager role and responsibilities.
There is tremendous potential for progression in this role. You will join an experienced and supportive team and develop your experience in B2B sales in a successful global company. EDEM is offering a competitive salary, contributory pension, 31 days holiday, critical health and life insurance cover.
Some travel to national and international locations may be required, as may some occasional out-of-hours work. The post will be situated in EDEM’s modern open-plan office with on-site café in Edinburgh's West End.
More details on the SDR role can be found here.
EDEM is seeking a motivated and inquisitive person, passionate about developing client relationships with global prospects. You will be friendly and outgoing, with a desire to have an impact in the work you do. You may apply whatever your academic background as long as you can prove you have the skills to do the job.
You should be able to demonstrate the following skills/experience:
• Able to demonstrate personality skills and competencies needed to confidently establish new contacts, build relationships and trust with contacts
• Motivated to sell complex products in business to business sales environment
• Evidence of some relevant prior sales career experience relevant but not essential
• Familiarity with enterprise sales models and techniques (e.g. ‘Solution Selling’, ‘SPIN selling’, relevant but not essential)
• Confident written and verbal communication and presentation skills
• Analytical, organisational, interpersonal and networking skills
• Demonstration of an ability to develop and drive strategic and tactical issues
If you have any questions about this role or the organisation please contact email@example.com. Please do not under any circumstances contact the employer directly as doing so may negatively impact your employment opportunity.
Closing date for applications is 30 April 2019, 12 noon.
Please submit a CV and tailored Cover Letter through the Adopt An Intern online application form by clicking “Apply” on our website. All applications must be submitted by 12 noon on the closing date. In your Cover Letter, please state: A) your availability and B) relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job specifications. We do NOT accept email applications unless otherwise stated.
Successful candidates must, by the start of the employment, have permission to work in the UK.