£22,000 per annum + bonus scheme
Full time, permanent
Closing date: 25 February 2019, 12 noon
About the Company
EDEM provides engineering simulation software products and services into a global customer base. It’s software is supplied to over 150 commercial customers and is used by more than 230 leading academic and research institutes.
Are you a graduate or young professional seeking to develop your career in B2B sales? Do you like the sound of joining a technology company with a global customer base which is located in the heart of Edinburgh’s West End? Are you seeking to join a team of experienced technology sales professionals that will invest the time and provide the tools to develop your personal skills and ensure your success in a sales role?
Find out more about EDEM at their website https://www.edemsimulation.com/latest/
As part of organic growth expansion plans EDEM is hiring a Sales Development Representative to join the international sales team. The role requires someone that is motivated to develop their career in complex solution sales, happy to join an experienced technically oriented sales team and also willing to put in the hard yards to learn and deliver results in the sales lead generation and qualification job role.
The Sales Development Representative (SDR) will be responsible for new sales lead creation and subsequent qualification as sales leads for progression by territory Sales Managers. Sales lead creation will be achieved either by progressing marketing team generated leads (new inbound contacts derived from marketing activities) or by directly researching the market, identification of new prospective customer companies, identifying prospective targets contacts with job role and responsibilities in these companies and then pursuing an outreach / contact approaches to build contact and verify interest with new contacts for further consideration in EDEM. The SDR will be responsible for developing a sales lead generation plan and reporting progress as a key member of the EDEM European and Global Sales organisation.
Additionally, the purpose of the role is to build engagement with new customer contacts and promote EDEM products and services to prospects. Prospective customers are typically large engineering, manufacturing and production companies spanning multiple industry sectors and market geographies. The role will be accountable for the development and delivery of the EDEM sales lead generation plan for the assigned market territories. The role will also contribute towards the overall sales and customer development strategy for EDEM ensuring that the strategy is informed with the issues and opportunities pertinent to each territory.
The SDR will be responsible for targeting prospect companies in defined territories in line with the market plan. The SDR is accountable for introducing EDEM to these companies and qualifying the potential fit with customer requirements and then escalating qualified opportunities to Sales Managers and Pre-sales engineering teams.
Sales lead qualification process will follow the prevailing JAWS B2B sales model approach with sales lead qualification criteria including; establishing the customer engineering problems, application areas, objectives, decision process, timeframe, budget position.
The ultimate measure of role success is volume of new sales converted from SDR generated leads.
Key activities of the role:
• Developing Marketing Leads into qualified Sales Leads
• Researching to identify and profile new customer target prospects
• Researching to identify contact information for key contacts in customer targets
• Outreach by social media, email, phone channels to establish contact and build trust
• Developing outreach contacts into qualified Sales Leads.
• Utilising and developing a range of market and contact research tools and techniques
Technical / Operations
• To source new Contacts and expand business relationships for EDEM
• To maintain regular contact with identified contacts and build EDEM sales funnel in line with EDEM sales and marketing plans.
• To conduct remote and / or face to face presentations to develop interest and confidence of target customer contacts.
• To be accountable for the development of sales lead development plan and monitoring progress against the plan.
• To regularly inform Sales Management Team and other appropriate EDEM team members on sales lead position and sales qualified lead volumes.
• To promote the EDEM company brand and help develop territory-specific marketing materials and promotional literature.
• To develop personal skills and experience as a progression path towards future territory Sales Manager role and responsibilities.
Some travel to national and international locations in pursuit of Sales objectives, harnessing support from other EDEM resources may be required, as may some occasional out-of-hours work. The post will be situated in EDEM’s modern open plan office with on-site café.
The package includes; competitive salary, contributory pension, 31 days holiday, critical health and life insurance cover.
EDEM is seeking for an individual who is inquisitive and interested in finding out about the needs of businesses in fields their products have relevance for. You will be friendly and outgoing, with a desire to have an impact in the work you do.
You should be able to demonstrate the following skills/experience:
• Able to demonstrate personality skills and competencies needed to confidently establish new contacts, build relationships and trust with contacts.
• Motivated to sell complex products in business to business sales environment.
• Evidence of some relevant prior sales career experience relevant but not essential.
• Familiarity with enterprise sales models and techniques e.g. ‘Solution Selling’, ‘SPIN selling’, relevant but not essential.
• Confident written and verbal communication and presentation skills
• Analytical, organisational, interpersonal and networking skills
• Demonstration of an ability to develop and drive strategic and tactical issues
• Role is predominantly Edinburgh HQ office based with flexibility for occasional nationwide travel and international business travel.
You may apply whatever your degree background as long as you can prove you have the skills to do the job.
If you have any questions about this role or the organisation please contact email@example.com. Please do not under any circumstances contact the employer directly as doing so may negatively impact your employment opportunity.
Closing date for applications is 25 February 2019, 12 noon.
Please submit a CV and covering letter through the Adopt An Intern online application form on our website. All applications must be submitted by 12 noon on the closing date. State A) your availability and B) relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job specifications. We do NOT accept email applications unless otherwise stated.
Successful candidates must, by the start of the employment, have permission to work in the UK.