Help “The Scottish Segway Centre” grow to new locations – a valuable and varied experience that will blend practical guiding alongside supporting the Director establish Segway Centres elsewhere in Scotland over the 2015 season.
£7.85 p/hr, 35 hrs/week for 24 weeks
Glencoe Activities Limited is a collaboration of three activity providers, around the loch at Glencoe. It offers visitors a one-stop-shop to access over 20 activities making it easy to for potential customers to find information, identify a ‘pursuit to suit’ and place a booking. In 2011 the company acquired a fleet of 8 Segways (£40k investment) and operate these as “The Scottish Segway Centre”. In 2012, the company acquired equipment to provide archery, laser clay and crate stacking activities on the main operational site near Glencoe.
Glencoe Activities Limited wishes to recruit a graduate to help manage the operation on a day to day basis and assist in expanding the established Segway “franchise” to other sites in Scotland. Your key challenges in this role will include:
• Being part of a small team who operate Segway Tours and deliver customer delight
• Introducing a system to monitor, evaluate and report customer satisfaction
• Review and enhance the businesses Sales and Marketing Plan for Glencoe Activities with the aim of focusing upon practical, effective activities to ensure that the business has a high profile to e-users (those on holiday in the area, looking for things to do)
• Developing a sub-brand for The Scottish Segway Centre (web site, social media etc) – The Scottish Segway Centre is currently an under-utilised sub-brand within the Glencoe Activities “family” of adventure
• Assist the managing director as The Scottish Segway Centre expands to two, new sites in Scotland (collaborative partnerships under discussion with operators at major tourist attractions)
The ideal candidate will have a can-do attitude and experience of working in a commercial environment to tight budgets. They will have a passion for outdoor adventure and enjoy delivering great customer service. Good IT skills including practical experience of online communications / e-media and web development (Dreamweaver) are essential for this role. You should have a professional knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, Google applications and Trip Advisor.
Closing date for applications is 22 April 2015, 5pm.
Please submit a CV and brief covering letter through the Adopt an Intern online application form on our website. Use your cover letter to a. tell us your availability and b. demonstrate how you meet the requirements of the post. We do NOT accept e-mail applications unless otherwise stated.
This Adopt an Intern funded internship has been made possible through the financial support of the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) with match funding from the Scottish Government. It is part of a "Business Growth Programme" supporting the third sector, micro businesses and SMEs and contributes to our wider focus of boosting economic stability by investing in graduates. These are paid, meaningful, capacity-building internships, with monitored outcomes.