£10 per hour
Part-time or Full-time for 6 months (potential for permanent)
Closing Date: 18 September 2019, 12 noon
Interview date: 1 October 2019
About the Company
“Whisky Auctioneer specialises in auctioning whisky, whether it be fine, old, rare, collectable or affordable. Formed in 2013 and based in Perth, central Scotland, our website aims to be the most comprehensive website available for the buying and selling of whisky.
More recently, in 2017 this exciting and fast growth company has launched Wine Auctioneer, a website dedicated to the auctioneering of fine and rare wines.”
Learn more about Whisky Auctioneer on their website here.
The newly created position of SEO and Analytics Digital Marketing Intern will report to the Head of Digital Marketing and Communications and work within the Marketing Team and closely with and alongside all teams within Wine, Rum and Whisky Auctioneer.
In addition, the role will assist in supporting marketing activities for Bright Spirits Ltd., a new spirits company that has recently launched a range of gin.
The role is flexible with part-time or full-time hours available for the right candidate.
Your main responsibilities will include:
• Auditing SEO and formulating recommendations to improve across all of our sites
• Working across the team to optimise content in relation to SEO and link prospecting and building
• Analysing marketing activities (including PPC) in Google Analytics and Google Ads, including reporting and recommendations
• Monitoring keyword ranking positions and researching industries, keywords and key phrases
• Conducting competitor analysis in relation to SEO/PPC
• Keeping up-to-date and reporting on changes to technologies and platforms that would have an impact on SEO and performance of our websites, social media, digital advertising and other digital marketing activities
• Any other digital marketing activities that may arise
You'll have completed at least 2 years of studies in Marketing or a similar subject that includes modules or focus on digital marketing, particularly SEO and analytics. The ideal person for this role will have excellent interpersonal skills and a strong work ethic.
You will also have an interest in the wine and spirits industry and a willingness to learn more about wine, whisky, rum and other spirits.
The following are essential for the role:
• Familiarity with, knowledge of and enthusiasm for digital marketing and e-commerce
• Strong research and reporting skills
• An analytical approach with a strong ability for analysing data and customer engagement statistics
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• Awareness and knowledge of Google Analytics, Google Data Studio, Google Tag Manager and Google Ads
• Awareness of SEO monitoring and analytics platforms
• An eye for detail – both technically and aesthetically
• The ability to multi-task and work to multiple deadlines
• Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills
If you have any questions about this role or the organisation please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not under any circumstances contact the employer directly as doing so may negatively impact your employment opportunity.
Closing date for applications is 18 September 2019, 12 noon.
Interviews will take place on 1 October 2019.
Please submit a CV and tailored Cover Letter through the Adopt An Intern online application form on our website.
Examples of what we expect in an application can be found HERE. All applications must be submitted by 12 noon on the closing date. State A) your availability and B) relevant experience and demonstrate how your skills match the specific requirements of the job description.
We do NOT accept email applications unless otherwise stated.
Successful candidates must, by the start of the employment, have permission to work in the UK.