£9.00 per hour
Part-time, for 6 months up to 1 year
Starting date: May 2016
About the Organisation
PATH (Scotland) was established in 1998 to address the under-representation of Black and Minority Ethnic (BME) communities in Housing and related sectors. We do this by providing 3 year work placements within registered social landlords and local authorities across Scotland using Section 158 of the Equality Act (2010) Trainees also undertake an academic qualification on a day release basis. 85% of our trainees gain employment post placement. Our expertise in the field of equality, positive action and innovative employment training programmes has been documented in external evaluations and most recently in a Scottish Parliament Report, "Removing Barriers: race, ethnicity and employment" which stated that they considered, "PATH Scotland to be an excellent example of good practice in promoting racial equality in the workplace"
PATH are looking for an enthusiastic Social Media and IT intern to join their team. Your main tasks will include:
• Developing the PATH (Scotland) website
• Enhancing the social media profile and develop a social media strategy
• Reviewing IT systems and databases
• Improving the marketing and communication with stakeholders
The ideal candidate will be a socially aware individual. The essential skills for the successful candidate include:
• Excellent communication skills
• Good knowledge of IT systems and databases
• Excellent computer literacy
• Experience in website development and social media
• Experience of working in a small team as well as on own
• Knowledge, experience and interest in equalities
Please note that we particularly welcome applications from BME Communities
Closing date for applications is 12 April 2016, 12 noon.
Interviews will be held on Wednesday 27 April, 2016.
Please submit a CV and brief covering letter through the Adopt an Intern online application form on our website. All applications must be submitted by noon on the closing date. State a. your availability and b. relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job spec. We do NOT accept e-mail applications unless otherwise stated.
Please confirm your eligibility to work in the UK.