Salary: £25,000 p/a
Closing Date: 4 September 2018
Interview Date: W/C 10 September 2018
About the Company
ThermaFy is an innovative startup, harnessing state-of-the-art technology and software that turns your mobile phone into a powerful tool that enables you to collect & analyse thermal data. By combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence to question and the vision to create, they’re transforming the world around us.
The company is in its early stages, but has already enjoyed substantial success and plaudits, establishing a very strong customer base over the last 3 years.
With interest from internationally recognised brands, this is an exciting time for someone to join the team at a pivotal stage in the evolution of ThermaFy.
ThermaFy is developing a novel set of applications to solve real-world problems using thermographic images captured via a Thermal Camera attached to a mobile phone. In this role you will take responsibility for the development of prototype image analysis and machine learning solutions to identify certain objects within images, and produce quantified results based on an analysis of the thermal characteristics of the object. This analysis will further enable actionable outcomes which can be understood by non-technical users.
It is expected that the prototypes developed during the initial 12-months will be integrated into the core capabilities of the product to provide a significant competitive advantage. This will lead to expansion into new markets with well-known international companies and significant growth.
You will become a key member of our leadership team, and the role will develop with time and as the company expands, but the initial duties and responsibilities will be as follows:
• Creating and adapting algorithms to meet the requirements for the solution
• Delivering prototype software suitable for integration into an iPhone and/or the web application
• Conducting research into new solutions
• Defining product requirements and acceptance criteria
• Assessing the performance of the solution and identifying trade-offs
• Writing design and interface specifications for the subsequent integration of the chosen solution(s) into the application (iPhone and/or Web application)
• The specification of the research platform for this placement and the continuing development of the product
• Investigating segmentation across multiple images
• Onboarding with current team members
• familiarization with the current software/hardware
• Review the applications under development and timescales
• Discussion on the requirements and priorities for the research & prototypes
• Develop ideas for research and prototyping
• Review ideas and possible solutions
• Conduct research & develop prototype (Agile sprints)
We are based in Kelso in the Scottish Borders but are happy for this role to be done remotely anywhere in the UK, with the possibility of a hot desk in Codebase Edinburgh. We would however expect you to travel to meet some of our clients, to enable you to better understand their needs.
This role holds tremendous potential for professional development as the right candidate would essentially create their own leadership role within ThermaFy.
The role is initially for 12months, but a contract extension and wage review are expected for the right candidate thereafter. We are offering a competitive salary, alongside the opportunity in the future to earn company equity through an employee share incentive scheme.
This role would suit a recent IT graduate, returner to IT, or a candidate who can demonstrate relevant practical experience. From a technical aspect, you should be able to demonstrate your knowledge and be able to show your analytical mind, capacity to learn and develop new technical skills quickly.
• In depth knowledge of image processing, image segmentation, computer vision and pattern classification
• In depth knowledge of machine learning and related fields
• Experience of MATLAB or similar
• Programming experience in C/C++
• An aptitude for developing and testing new ideas, prototyping and critical assessment of outcomes
• An appreciation of system constraints and performance implications
• You’ll be able to prove how you’ve applied technical knowledge to solving problems either through your studies, research, own projects or extracurricular activities
• A track record successfully undertaking image processing research projects in industry and/or academia
• Programming experience with PHP
• Development of mobile applications for iOS
• Development of web applications using Symfony
• Experience with thermographic images
• Software/System engineering
• Agile development
• Experience of working in a startup environment
This is an exciting opportunity to have an immediate impact in a growing company, and to develop your skills and place in the company as it scales. Due to the innovative work being conducted by ThermaFy and its clients, the successful candidate will be required to sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement.
Closing date for applications: 4 September 2018 12 noon. Interviews will be held on an ongoing basis as suitable candidates apply.
Please submit a CV and brief covering letter through the AAI online application form on our website. All applications must be submitted by noon on the closing date.
Please state a.) your availability and b.) relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job description.
We do NOT accept email applications unless otherwise stated.
Please confirm your eligibility to work in the UK.APPLY