£22,000 - £26,000 per annum
Full-time for 24 months
Closing Date: 12 May 2017, noon
About the Company
For over 40 years Bield Housing have been developing Housing and Care services to enable Scotland's older people to live the life they want.
Bield Housing’s brand promise is 'Free to be' - it sums up their firm belief that older people should have the freedom to make their own choices and be free to live as independently as possible.
A promise which thanks to the experience, dedication and passion of their staff and volunteers they are uniquely placed to bring to Life.
Bield Housing are a not for profit organisation, Scottish Charity and a Registered Social Landlord. As one of the largest providers of Housing and Care in Scotland with just over 5300 properties and a number of Care Services their customers extend far and wide.
The role will be to contribute to the effective and efficient implementation of specific projects of work within Property Services with particular responsibility for providing technical support, liaising with Property Services Staff, Scheme based Staff and Contractors to schedule activities and monitor quality standards.
Responsibilities will also include:
• To co-ordinate with Contractors, Property Services Team and Scheme Based Employees to ensure the effective implementation of works proposed as part of the annual programme of works or specific projects.
• To be responsible for monitoring contractor performance and provide the Service Manager with updates of issues relating to contractor performance.
• To authorise and monitor expenditure against the budget for specific projects/works and update the Service Manager
• To develop systems and management information to allow the department's programme to be delivered in line with budget and programme expectations.
• To consult with tenants and scheme staff as required on the works planned within schemes.
• To prepare contract documentation where required as part of the annual programme of planned works and service contracts.
• To assess and prepare contract valuations and payments including, where appropriate, the measurement and valuation of contract variations, and the preparation and issue of appropriate contract certificates and documentation.
• To assist in the development and maintenance of information required as part of a comprehensive asset management database, including stock surveys, site drawings, production of scheme information on Computer Aided Design (CAD), and detailed inventories.
• To organise and maintain a library of Construction Design & Management (CDM) health and safety files and Operational Manuals.
• To undertake any other duties as may be assigned by Asset Operations Manager or more senior staff.
The candidate will ideally be educated to degree level with a background in Construction, Surveying, Contract Management, Procurement or Planning and Programming multiple work-streams.
You will have strong people skills to work effectively and build strong relationships with colleagues and other stakeholders. You will be IT literate, highly organised and be able to effectively demonstrate problem solving capabilities.
A RICS or MCIOB qualification is desirable, but not essential.
Closing date for applications is 12 May 2017, 12 noon.
Please submit a CV and brief covering letter through the AAI online application form on our website. All applications must be submitted by noon on the closing date. State a. your availability and b. relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job spec. We do NOT accept e-mail applications unless otherwise stated.
Please confirm your eligibility to work in the UK.APPLY