Orbit Communications is an Edinburgh based public relations and public affairs company
£8.00/hour, full-time 37.5 hours for 6 months,
January 2015 start. (It would be preferred if the successful candidate would come in briefly pre-Christmas to meet the team and gain a basic understanding of the company.)
Orbit Communications are looking for an organised and innovative graduate intern to work as a trainee account executive.
As a Trainee Accounts Executive you will:
• provide administrative, research, design and organisational support for a range of Orbit Communications accounts
• Conduct background research to support clients’ communications objectives
• Carry out media and political monitoring and issue bulletins to clients
• Undertake social media activity both for Orbit and for clients.
• Draft copy for news releases, comment articles, policy submissions and reports
• Design leaflets, posters, newsletters etc. on behalf of clients
• Compile public and media contact databases on clients’ behalf
• Organise events on behalf of clients / provide administrative support
• Field press and public inquiries
• Organise print runs and mail-outs
The ideal candidate will have a background in public relations, politics, journalism and/or event management. They will also have a good knowledge/ awareness of Scottish politics and media. Excellent communication (written and verbal), organisation and interpersonal skills will be required for this role. The candidate should be adaptable, creative and tenacious. The ability to work both as part of a team and also to work on own initiative is essential. Aspects of this role require a full driving licence, access to own car would be beneficial.
Applicant will be considered for a full-time position with the company at the end of the placement depending on their performance.
Closing date for applications is 1 December 2014
Please submit a CV and brief covering letter through the Adopt an Intern online application form on our website. State a. your availability and b. relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job spec. Please note that we do NOT accept e-mail applications unless otherwise stated.