£18,000 - £24,000 + bonus
Full-time for 4 years
Closing date: 13 September 2018, 12 noon
Interview date: 25 September 2018
About the Company
Alterledger is a thriving accountancy practice in Glasgow with a strong focus on the creative industries, charities and start-up companies. Actively engaging with clients on a daily basis, Alterledger go the extra mile to help their businesses succeed and offer more than just an annual financial summary. With the team’s diverse experience from working within investment banking, public broadcasting and arts charities, Alterledger aims to provide smarter accounting to allow their clients to focus on their own business development.
As a modern accountancy practice, Alterledger operates a paperless and digital office using cloud-based software and an array of online resources. The team pride themselves on offering high quality work that is individually tailored to each client’s needs, this is based on their core values of Collaboration, Seamless Service, Flexibility and Quality.
To learn more about Alterledger, visit their website.
To achieve their high standards of work, Alterledger is a paperless office using Xero, an online software that allows them to interact with their client data in real time. From their offices in Glasgow, you will work closely with the team’s Management Accountant.
In this role you will:
• Liaise with clients and stakeholders of clients including HMRC
• Perform bank reconciliation and process accounting records
• Assist with preparation of statutory accounts for sole trader clients and companies
• Assist with preparation of VAT accounts
• Assist with preparation of monthly management accounts for clients
• Support the team with general admin including updating client records
During the traineeship the candidate will be expected to complete a professional accountancy qualification (CIMA / ACCA).
Alterledger are looking for a self-motivated and conscientious graduate who is able to work on their own initiative. A degree in Accountancy or Finance is not required, you may apply whatever your degree as long as you can prove you have the skills and experience to do the job.
• Willingness to learn
• Professional and clear communication, fluent in English
• Strong timekeeping
• Smart appearance
• Confident to work under instruction and on own initiative
• Able to manage workload and work to multiple deadlines
• Hold a flexible and positive approach to work and learning clients’ businesses
• Confident using technology and computer software
• Able to use Microsoft Office effectively
• Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
• Experience of bookkeeping or accountancy, or working within a practice
• Experience of tax including Corporation Tax, PAYE, VAT and Income Tax etc.
• Interest in the creative industries
• Xero certified
Closing date for applications is 13 September 2018, 12 noon.
Interviews will be held on 25 September 2018.
Please submit a CV and brief covering letter through the AAI online application form on our website. All applications must be submitted by noon on the closing date. Please state a.) your availability and b.) relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job description. We do NOT accept email applications unless otherwise stated.
Successful candidates must, by the start of the employment, have permission to work in the UK.