Salary: £19,000 p/a
Duration: Full-time for 12 months
Start date: January 2016
Aberdeen Asset Management have an excellent opportunity for a School / College leaver who is looking to establish a career within the Asset Management Industry.
Through the Investment 2020 trainee programme they will provide you with a structured 12- month training contract working in our Investment Accounting team. The role will be based in Edinburgh reporting to the Senior Investment Accounting Manager.
The Investment 2020 programme is designed to offer relevant professional qualifications, training and learning opportunities to recent school and college leavers who are looking for their first role within the industry. It is hoped that most participants in the scheme will move into permanent roles with Aberdeen Asset Management or with other firms within the industry, acting as a springboard for your career.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
• Undertake monitoring of processes and controls at State Street, as requested by the Senior Investment Accounting Manager, ensuring the delivery of consistently accurate and timely daily prices, including changes to the level of monitoring.
• Undertake validation checks on daily prices from State Street, as requested by the Senior Investment Accounting Manager, ensuring the accuracy of prices delivered to the end customer, Client Services, and that any out of tolerance movements are justified prior to release
• Where requested to do so, monitor the application of accounting policies and changes in accounting policies by State Street, ensuring these are being correctly applied and that any errors in their application are identified and addressed in a timely manner
• Perform reviews of monthly fund trial balances from State Street, ensuring results are in line with expectation and any unexpected movements are identified and resolved in a timely manner and are communicated to all interested parties
• Be aware of and ensure consistent application of the Pricing Issue Decision Matrix
• Deliver quarterly Consolidation information in accordance with Finance reporting timetables and resolve queries in a timely manner
• Support the Senior Investment Accounting Manager in overseeing the relationship with State Street providing input where necessary to influence their performance where Service Levels fall below those required to meet the obligations to customers
• Where required, undertake any projects or tasks for the Senior Investment Accounting Manager
• Keep the Senior Investment Accounting Manager informed on a timely basis of issues and matters arising
• Ensure best practice within the business, including ensuring procedure notes are in place and up to date for all processes, and initiate and deliver any change process which may be required.
• Educated to at least Scottish Higher, A ‘Level, NVQ or equivalent level
• A knowledge of accounting and current UK financial regulations
• Excellent organisational & administrative skills with the ability to plan ahead, managing time and resources
• Ability to effectively to communicate with internal and external customers
• Keen attention to detail and accuracy, with a methodical approach to work
• Ability to work well within a team environment
• Strong team-working abilities
• Good self-motivation.
This job is only open to non-graduates, aged between 16 and 23.
While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job requirements, management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties from particular jobs and to assign other duties as necessary.
Closing date for applications is 16 December 2015, 12 noon.
Interviews will take place week beginning 21 December.
Please submit a CV and brief covering letter through the Adopt an Intern online application form on our website. All applications must be submitted by 12 noon on the closing date. State a. your availability and b. relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job spec. We do NOT accept e-mail applications unless otherwise stated.