Location: Hillington, Glasgow
£18,000 during 2-year training program with excellent earning potential thereafter
Full-time, 2-year training post leading to permanent position
Closing date: 5 September 2019, 12 noon
This is a great opportunity to get a foot in the door of an established national company, with incredible potential for professional progression.
- The AAI team
About the company
"AES Ltd (Glasgow) is a multi-discipline specialist services provider operating within a variety of sectors such as Education, Manufacturing, Construction and Facilities Management.
Since 2002, we have developed into one of the UK's largest and most technologically advanced dust and fume extraction providers, delivering high profile quality projects and exceptional service throughout the UK.
Our core business is the design, supply and installation of dust and fume extraction systems and workshop machinery. This is complemented by our aftermarket services including maintenance, repairs and statutory testing. Through a combination of these products and services we assist our customers and clients to create safer workplaces.
Using only our directly employed staff, we provide a dedicated package to suit our clients’ needs, from the initial design consultation to full electrical and mechanical installation, commissioning and ongoing maintenance and statutory checks."
For further information on AES Ltd please visit www.aessolutions.co.uk
AES have an opportunity for a motivated graduate in a relevant discipline to join our company and be trained in testing, commissioning and service of Local Exhaust Ventilation (LEV) and specialist extraction systems in accordance with the COSHH 2002 regulations.
The successful applicant would be joining an existing team of staff with many years of experience that will help develop the applicant to a position of competency in this specialist field. Training will be provided via formal external BOHS training courses and examinations, in house training program and on the job experience.
The successful applicant will undertake a 2-year training program to gain qualifications and competency to test, commission and service LEV/Specialist extraction systems in accordance with the COSHH 2002 regulations. Following a successful training program, a full-time job role is available.
TRAINING WILL BE PROVIDED IN THE FOLLOWING:
• BOHS accredited P601, P602, P603, P604, W201 occupational hygiene modules.
• Various supplementary training course to ensure that you are qualified and safe to work on customers' premises such as Safety passport scheme, IPAF/PASMA training, Asbestos awareness, Electrical safety awareness, First aid etc.
The successful applicant will be required to work on client sites across the UK and this will involve nights away. Whilst weekend working is not normally carried out there may be limited occasions where it is required. Initially any travel to customers sites will be with a qualified existing member of staff within a company vehicle. Following first year of training a company vehicle will be provided subject to status. From the outset a laptop, mobile phone, uniform and test equipment will be provided.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES FOLLOWING TRAINING PROGRAM
• Statutory Testing of LEV systems in accordance with the COSHH 2002 regulations and HSG 258 guidance.
• Commissioning of newly installed LEV systems
• Completion of statutory test reports/servicing reports to a high degree of detail and accuracy
• Analysis of system faults and presentation of recommendations including costings for repairs/improvements
• Servicing of extraction systems including e.g. filter replacements/fault finding/minor repairs.
• Site surveys
• Customer Training
• Local Exhaust Ventilation system design
Ideal candidates will be educated to degree level and can come from a range of subject areas relevant to the role such as Occupational Health, Health and Safety, Building Services Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Chemistry or Chemical Engineering.
• The applicant must be able to demonstrate excellent report writing skills, be proficient in MS Office and have good communication skills
• A UK driving licence is essential
The closing date for applications is 5 September 2019, 12 noon.
Please submit a CV and tailored Cover Letter through the Adopt An Intern online application form by clicking “Apply” on our website. Examples of what we like to see in a cover letter can be found HERE. All applications must be submitted by 12 noon on the closing date. In your Cover Letter, please state: A) your availability and B) relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job specifications.
We do NOT accept email applications unless otherwise stated.
Successful candidates must, by the start of the employment, have permission to work in the UK.