£19,000 per year
Full-time, Fixed Term Contract from 1st September 2017 to 29th June 2018
Closing date: 14 August 2017, noon.
About the Company
Diageo is the world’s leading premium drinks business, with an unrivalled collection of global brands including SMIRNOFF, JOHNNIE WALKER, BAILEYS and GUINNESS. We are a global business, employing over 30,000 talented people worldwide with offices in around 80 countries.
The global Productivity programme was established to unlock £500m of cost saving opportunities for Diageo. Tramlining is a key contributor to Productivity through the optimisation of technical and functional product specifications
The Programme has been rolled out across all of Diageo’s Supply locations around the globe. This creates an exciting international working environment with stakeholders from different nationalities and cultures.
At its core, this role will require the collation of all of the necessary data from a variety of sources, the cleansing and analysis of this data and the preparation of workshop materials. In addition, as a Central team, support is provided in the form of tools and training which will require some adhoc maintenance and support.
The purpose of this role is to support the Supply Productivity Tramlining Lead in identification and delivery of savings initiatives.
This will include the analysis of our global material and liquid costs, selling price, packaging specifications and the creation of descriptive materials to report the findings from this analysis to develop workshop materials. Maintenance of global Tramlining tools. It will also include being proficient on key technologies e.g. MS Excel, MS Access, MS PowerPoint and MicroStrategy.
The main accountabilities of the role are:
• Work with stakeholders to gather the necessary cost and sales data
• Produce analytical insights from this data
• Work with key stakeholders to identify feasible cost saving opportunities
• Present insights in a powerful and compelling way to support discussion at Steering Group
• Creation and maintenance of Tramlining tools
The main relationships for the role holder will be the relatively small Supply Productivity project team, predominantly based in Edinburgh Park, and there will also be interactions with the following communities:
• Data – for the governance and provision of data
• DBS – for support in any technology required to support the analysis
• Markets – for the provision of local data and to work together on calculation of savings opportunities
• Procurement – To understand the cost drivers for our packaging materials.
The role holder will be expected to maintain great stakeholder relationships with supply stakeholders, some of whom are noted above.
Some infrequent travel may be required in between Diageo Scotland sites and Ireland.
Together with a drive to learn and a curious spirit, you’ll be enthusiastic, open-minded and assertive, and ready for different and challenging projects. You'll have the ability to focus on the key issues whilst managing a range of concurrent activities, and you'll be a confident communicator who can get what you need to across to a range of stakeholders.
The key ingredients we want you to have include:
• Good understanding of supply chain and manufacturing processes
• Good level of financial understanding
• Experience in key technologies e.g. MS Excel, MS Access, MS PowerPoint and MicroStrategy.
• Attention to detail is key, inquisitive & questioning nature
• Great at working as part of a small cohesive, integrated team
• Strong problem solving planning/organising, highly detail conscious
• Quick learner who exhibits resiliency and tenacity in the face of challenge
• Have a huge passion for growing and developing
A solid understanding of the Diageo Supply Chain and Manufacturing processes and associated finances will be beneficial in this role.
Closing date for applications is 14 August 2017, noon.
Please submit a CV and brief covering letter through the Adopt an Intern online application form on our website. All applications must be submitted by noon on the closing date. State a. your availability and b. relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job spec. We do NOT accept e-mail applications unless otherwise stated.
Please confirm your eligibility to work in the UK.