£8.45 per hour
Full time working 35 hours per week for 5 months
Closing date: 31 May 2017, noon
About the Company
Changeworks is one of Scotland’s largest environmental charities – a thriving social enterprise with 30 years’ experience of reducing carbon emissions, fuel poverty and waste.
We work with organisations, communities and individuals to deliver practical solutions to live and work more sustainably, based on our expertise and the latest in good practice.
Passion, integrity, innovation, collaboration and empowerment are the values which drive us.
Above all, we are proud of the expertise and enthusiasm of our people. We have over 200 employees and volunteers across Scotland – in Edinburgh, Inverness, Oban, Fort William, Shetland, Orkney, the Western Isles and Argyll.
We deliver services and projects in the areas of energy efficiency, fuel poverty, programme management, waste prevention, recycling, renewables and carbon reduction.
Our high quality consultancy services include social research and evaluation, energy surveying, modelling, data analysis and behaviour change.
We share expertise, influence policy and work with partners, funders and clients on a local, regional, national and European scale.
In 2017 we’re celebrating 30 years of Changeworks.
Reporting to the marketing and communications manager, develop appropriate and engaging graphic design, video or audio solutions. This will include creative layout and design, image sourcing and editing, interactive elements, storyboarding, shoot planning and execution, editing, formatting, distribution and access.
This is a great opportunity to join a small yet dynamic team where ideas for improvement are always welcome, and in which your skills and abilities will be put to good use. We are a hands-on team in which each member is encouraged to contribute and make their mark.
Currently basic design and video production support is provided by the marketing and communications manager and assistant, recruiting freelance expertise as required. This placement offers an exciting opportunity to shape and develop Changeworks’ use of video and graphics to help improve stakeholder engagement and raise our profile.
In this role your main tasks/responsibilities will be (but not limited to):
• Creation of videos, short films, gifs, motion graphics for social media/digital use
• Filming/recording of interviews, vox pops and live events
• Performing video editing functions
• Recording sound and sound editing
• Creation of graphics for print/online
• Designing and composing posters, leaflets and adverts for online and/or print
• Creating templates, such as posters, in Word/PowerPoint for staff use for external promotional purposes
• Working on branding and promotion for events
• Designing and building online resources (for the organisation’s website and email campaigns)
• Building image and video libraries, establishing cataloguing and archives
• Implementing and strengthening Changeworks’ brand design and guidelines
• Performing related admin and other duties as required or assigned.
We provide a full induction with ongoing support and supervision throughout your internship.
The ideal intern will be educated to degree level, ideally in graphic design, film production or similar. Some experience of working in an agency would be an advantage. You will be expert in using Adobe Create Cloud (CC) suite of applications (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Premier Pro, After Effects) and competent with MS office products. You will have strong interpersonal, relationship building and presentation skills.
You will be knowledgeable in digital marketing and have experience of creating marketing material for both digital and print. A good level of literacy and communication skills both written and verbal is essential. Solid knowledge of the copyright issues affecting design and video production is also required.
You must be able to work as part of a small team in a flexible environment and be confident contributing to ideas and solutions. Experience of working to a brief would be an advantage.
• Pursuing and/or in receipt of a degree in the design/audio/visual/multimedia production field
• Strong technical skills with video, audio and photo editing software preferred
• Good interpersonal skills
• Proven creative skills with excellent attention to detail
• Flexible to work hours needed according to projects
Your role as an intern will help make a great contribution to the work of Changeworks. You will be responsible for achieving specific work objectives, agreed with you, in a set length of time. As you are recruited to support or complete particular objectives, you will have real responsibility and a place in the Marketing and Communications team. Bringing some of your skills and experience to the role, you will also have the chance to develop workplace skills.
Closing date for applications is 31 May 2017, noon.
Please submit a CV and brief covering letter through the Adopt an Intern online application form on our website. All applications must be submitted by noon on the closing date. State a. your availability and b. relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job spec. We do NOT accept e-mail applications unless otherwise stated.
Since you will be expected to demonstrate your style, skills and abilities, please provide a link in your application to examples of work, or an online portfolio if you have one.
Please confirm your eligibility to work in the UK.