WWF Scotland is part of the international WWF network, one of the world’s most influential environmental organisations.
£ 6.50 per hour. Full-time, 35 hours per week for 13 weeks
Ideal start date mid January 2015
Climate change, threats to natural resources and rising energy use are just some of the issues that are of growing global concern, impacting on people and wildlife right round the world. WWF Scotland works on these issues from a Scottish perspective by influencing policy, providing solutions and gaining public support and involvement.
WWF’s Earth Hour is the world’s biggest celebration for our amazing planet, hundreds of millions of people from across the world coming together in a symbolic and spectacular light outs display.
It’s a reminder that together we can make change happen, and it gives us a chance to think about the small things we can do every day to help create a brighter future.
WWF Scotland are looking for an intern to promote Earth Hour. The role will involve day-to-day engagement of key target audiences, with phone and email outreach to landmarks, organisations and businesses.
You will be responsible for the following tasks:
• Assisting with the development of audience engagement strategies and creation of supporting materials and resources. Copywriting and creation of content for digital channels including social media, email, blogs and website;
• Assisting with social media activity including content planning, community management and reporting;
• Supporting PR activity which may include logging day-to-day coverage, drafting press releases and media sell-in;
• Desktop research and providing administrative support to the WWF Scotland Earth Hour team;
• Supporting the development of Scottish content for website;
• Supporting internal communications activity as well as compiling project team updates and regular reports;
• Coordination with Earth Hour global team through social media platform Yammer – ensuring they are updated on key activities where relevant;
• Supporting Earth Hour events, such as PR photo calls and on-the-night activity;
• Liaison with WWF-UK Earth Hour team.
This role is suitable for candidates from a range of degree backgrounds. You will be able to demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills. You will have experience of using social media in a professional capacity to promote a cause or create brand awareness. You will have some experience of project management and/or event management, and be interested in campaigning for good cause.
Closing date for applications is 4 December 2014, 5pm.
Interview date: 11 December 2014
Please submit a CV and brief covering letter through the Adopt an Intern online application form on our website. State a. your availability and b. How you meet the requirements of the job specification. We do NOT accept e-mail applications unless otherwise stated.